What's new

What is the best knot you have bought?

Im trying to figure out what is the best quality knot to buy>>? I knot its opinion but what is the best knot out there in Your opinion .??? or another question is who sales the best knots>>>????

All of my brush restorations have been with a TGN Finest knot. Great backbone with just a hint of scritch. Once it's broken in, does an amazing job.

So far the TGN Finest. Mine has zero scritch when wet and very hooked tips right from the start. Good backbone and flow through.

If my Whipped Dog hadn't shed it would be a very close second. Very soft tips, very dense, and had decent backbone at a low loft until it lost a few hundred hairs.

TGN Grade A is a distant third. More scritch than I like and loses hairs.

Still planning on trying the Super.

so the tgn finest sounds like its better than there silvertip or premium silvertip or HMW silvertip??? I the TGN Finest possibly the best knot out there?? if not what is? i hear about something called the bill gates knot what is that about?

Just recently got one of the new 24 mm whipped dog silver tip since this knot has now been improved to prevent shedding. This knot is superb, A great knot that is a pleasure to use. It took a little bit pf use to get it broke in but it has now my favorite brush.

ok so the TGN Finest sounds great Is it better than the very expensive brushes out there like like the simpsons and the thathers or the AOS silvertips???

ok so the TGN Finest sounds great Is it better than the very expensive brushes out there like like the simpsons and the thathers or the AOS silvertips???

Let's go this route. Have you tried any of the name brand brushes? What grade of knots have you tried? Do you like to face or bowl lather? Do you like scritchy, scratchy, or soft? Do you like floppy or backbone?

i have a simpson wee scott and tulip. the tulip is 2 band super badger, AOS nickle silvertip, Aos pure badger, 1 gold reknot handle 22mm TGN finest. i only used the finest once i liked it so far. i use the tulip the most. the AOS i use on special nights. date night, birthdays, going out. Idk why but on special occasions i use the most expensive razor and brush and soap i have. nothing like shaving with 400$+ set up on date night it starts the night off right. if you know what i mean.

I've tried several brands. The TGN finest is good, and a solid 2nd place, but it will never replace my WD 22mm silvertip. Perfect size, performance and face feel.

This TGN 26mm 2 band finest is my best (great backbone, but softest tips)
$Erskine.jpg

I can add my vote for the TGN 2-band Finest (the fan shape for me). It's 1 or 1a in my rotation (depending on whether I'm in the mood for boar or badger).

Edit: here's a photo.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I have not tried the TGN Finest, but I do love my TGN Silvertip Grade A. I may have to track down an old handle or just order one and try the Finest based on the reviews here in this thread.

Top Bottom