What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Royal Crown Hair Dressing + Murray's Xtra Heavy

I started with Murray's Xtra Heavy pomade to build a strong base, and then added Royal Crown Hairdressing to my hair as the top coat for shine purposes. When I stop using Murray's Xtra Heavy pomade for a while, I'm always surprised at how hard it is to scoop out of the tin. This stuff is a lot thicker than any of the wax pomades I have. The application isn't smooth, as one would expect. It gives a nice hold and matte finish. It's too matte for my hair, so I added the Royal Crown Hair Dressing give it a 1950s shine. The Royal Crown doesn't break up the hold of the Murray's Xtra Heavy. That stuff can't be loosened up much, even with the mineral oil from Tres Flores Brilliantine Liquid Oil. I like the scent of the Murray's Xtra Heavy. It's nice.

murr.jpg

I forgot to add a photo of my hair product for today, Murray's Xtra Heavy pomade. I'm really loving the great hold I'm getting from the Murray's Xtra Heavy + Murray's Superior pomade combination I'm using today.

What's kind of sad though is there are so many hair products out today, some of them quite expensive, and the look that one gets is pretty much the same as one would get using less costly products like Murray's. If you look at the new hair creams, pastes, gels, clays and water based pomade, the look is basically what you'd get using one of the Murray's products. People pay a fortune for creams, pastes, gels, clays and water base pomades, hoping to look better, but they don't look much different than you would get using a less expensive oil base pomade like Murray's. It's kind of depressing and more than a little sad how people get duped, thinking they're getting a better product, when in reality they're paying more for a redundant hair product that was created in the 1920s. The newer products are easier to wash out, but they often do a number on ones hair. I end up with dried out hair every time I used water based pomades. I get allergic reactions from the chemicals some of these products contain. I get interested when hear about a new paste, cream or clay, but I end up disappointed when I find out it gives my hair the same look as less costly oil based pomades, which contain fewer chemicals. When I use the new clays, creams and pastes, I get a lot volume with my hair, but it looks dirty and in need of a good wash. My girlfriend immediately notices when I use those products, and she points out how dirty my hair looks. The only hair products that make my hair look sensational are the oil based products or the water based unorthodox pomades that contain a lot of oil. My hair used to look great with Brylcreem before they changed the formula and decreased the amount of mineral oil.

muq.jpg

Murray's Xtra Heavy Hold pomade + Murray's Superior pomade

After searching and searching for the perfect pomade for my hair type, I think I've finally found the perfect product combination. Before this week, I'd never thought of mixing Murray's Superior with Murray's Xtra Heavy. I mean, Murray's Xtra Heavy is Murray's Superior with 25% wax included. That's what it is. When I use Murray's Xtra Heavy alone, my hair doesn't look as good. It's too matte, which is why I've become accustomed to using Murray's Xtra Heavy with a lighter pomade like Murray's Super Light, Murray's Hair Glo, Royal Crown Pomade or Royal Crown Hairdressing. To be sure, my hair looks sensational when I mix Murray's Xtra Heavy with one of the above mentioned lighter pomades. However, it still wasn't perfect - until now. When I mix Murray's Superior with Murray's Xtra Heavy, my hair gets crazy volume, excellent hold and a decent enough shine for my to continue to look like the movie star I've always been in my 25 years on this globe. My beautiful Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfriend still prefers when I'm using a shiny pomade like Royal Crown Hairdressing with Murray's Superior, as she likes when I sport the matinee idol look, but I like having my hair in a pomp or sticking up on the air like Cameron Diaz in the movie, 'There's something about Mary.' That's how my hair looked when I woke up this morning with Murray's Xtra Heavy + Murray's Superior pomade. The volume I get with this combination is crazy. Normally I would have to use a water base/gel to get that kind of volume. I'm getting that with Murray's and my hair remains pliable the entire day and night. I think I've found what I've been looking for finally. I'm absolutely looking like a star today. The star's jealousy radar has been going off all day.

mary2.jpg

gi.jpg

Murray's Xtra Heavy Hold pomade

I went with a small touch up to my hair by adding 1 small scoop of Murray's Xtra Heavy Hold pomade to the build up that I already have of this product and Murray's Superior pomade. My hair looks great, albeit kind of matte. There's no shine to my hair right now. That's the only draw back to using Murray's Xtra Heavy. I get sky scraper height like James Dean from his last movie, 'Giant.'

3/26/19
J.R. Liggett Jojoba & Peppermint Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

3/27/19
J.R. Liggett Jojoba & Peppermint Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

Top Bottom