What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

Roasting a 12 oz batch of La Miscela espresso blend. Added about 30% Columbian decaf since it's for the inlaws.
Tried something new with the Behmor tonight. Preheated to start and got up to temp with full power. Then set back to P3 till it started browning. That was about 15 min in and I changed back to full power to start 1st crack. Let it go at half power till the C timer ran out at 20:30. It was just about to start 2nd crack at that point.
We'll see how it comes out but seems to be more evenly colored.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mick, what is your Robusta source. I have just spent about 5 days on the interweb looking for robusta. A tip to a good source would be appreciated.
2# India Robusta.

I will be blending the above 2 along with some Ethiopian wet processed and Indonesian (both of which are in my current stash) for my espresso roasts/blends (for a while to come). I've decided to go back to pre-blending and single roasting my espresso roasts now that I have found a source for good robusta coffee.

Mick, what is your Robusta source. I have just spent about 5 days on the interweb looking for robusta. A tip to a good source would be appreciated.

I find it where I find it.

The last person I ordered from no longer lists any Robusta. I've only seen it once on their site (and I got some).

It is a hit and miss proposition as very few people stock Robusta coffee since the demand for it is so limited.

EDIT:

I did a google search and came up with a number of sources for green robusta

green robusta - Google Search

3 half lb roasts. 2 Mocha Java blend

3rd a 3 bean blend of Yemen, Sumatran, and La Minta.

From the profile this one is going to be a good one (52/24/24)

proxy.php

Roasted a pound of my first espresso blend. Half Brazil, Sumatra and Ethiopia a quarter each. Roasted to full city. Turned out pretty well, was nice to have espresso again after pour overs for the past few months.

Just put in an order for some micro lot Colombian (green coffee). Micro lot means all of the coffee is from a single farm and a single plant origin/species/area within that farm (all picked from the same plants and kept/sold separate from the rest of the farm's crop) instead of a co-operative of many farms and many types of coffee like Colombian Supremo which is a mix of many farms but all with the same large size bean.

High cupping rating of 89.5 so everyone thinks this is the kat's pajamas. We'll see once I get it and roast up some.

proxy.php

Mick, did the micro-lot come in yet?
Just put in an order for some micro lot Colombian (green coffee). Micro lot means all of the coffee is from a single farm and a single plant origin/species/area within that farm (all picked from the same plants and kept/sold separate from the rest of the farm's crop) instead of a co-operative of many farms and many types of coffee like Colombian Supremo which is a mix of many farms but all with the same large size bean.

High cupping rating of 89.5 so everyone thinks this is the kat's pajamas. We'll see once I get it and roast up some.

proxy.php

Mick, did the micro-lot come in yet?
Yes.

Unfortunately I did not take it with me.

I took 5# each of:

Etheopian Yargacheffe IDIDO natural processed
Java Blue Batavia
Panama San Sebastian
Kenya Karimkui
Costa Rica La Minta plantation (Tarrazu region)

Figured this would be enough for a month or so.

2018 crop of La Minta should be in the US in a few weeks. It's supposed to be a good year for Costa Rican coffee.

Roasted 1# each of La Minita and Panama and a half pound of SWP Java decaf.

5 half pound batches in the Hottop.

Busy day roasting.

Roasted half pound each of Brazilian Cerrado, Ethiopian Sidamo and Sumatran Mandheling. Same roast process on the Behmor and finish times between 14-17 mins. I'm calling it city+ with a bit 30 secs after first crack finished.

4 - 1/2 lbs roasts today

1 lb. of La Minita
1/2 lb each of Keyna AA and Java blue batavia

600 grams of Guatemala Antigua Finca Pavon 600 grams of Ethiopia (dry process) Sidama Station.

The Guatemala is for espresso, and the Ethiopia is for use in a Vacuum brewer.

I roasted another 1950 grams yesterday. My current blend is a mix of Brazil, Sidamo, Sulawesi (one third each). It made some pretty good espresso this morning and will be making drip in my hotel in Erfurt next week.

Ruckin.

Put some time aside yesterday and roasted

1# Java Blue Batavia in 2 1/2 lb batches. Both were 13:30 minutes, dropped at 385°. Made a Bunn pot this morning an all I can say is that I am looking for MORE.... This is amazing

1/2 lb of Kenya AA roasted to 380° for 14:00 min. not brewed any of this roast but have had it many times. It's a regular around here.

Just got in a half box of Crown Jewel Yemen Al-Haymah rooftop raised bed natural Mocha Haimi. Wow! That's a mouthful. Another member at HB split it with me.

Also just pick up half a box (26.5 lb) of a washed Columbian. Columbian Excelso Screen 16 from the Pascuaza family. I'm kind of blurry on the single origin vs micro-lot rules, but this is from on single family farm. I got this from Theta Ridge. If anyone wants to try some of this, let me know.

Sorry, the Yemen is already spoken for.

Top Bottom