What's new

FS - Custom Built Hottop Coffee Roaster with controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Modified Hottop Coffee Roaster

Hottop model KN-8828-B which has been upgraded to the B-2 emergency bean dump function.

I've found the optimum roast size to be 250 grams which is right about a half pound of un-roasted green beans.

Custom modifications:

Bean Mass K-type thermocouple
Environmental K-type thermocouple
Electronics chamber K-type thermocouple
HTC Hottop roaster controller interface board
Three K-type panel mount connectors
Custom built TC4C roaster interface with BT/ET LED display

This roaster has been taken one step beyond the current KN-8828B-K2+ model which sells for $1600.00

http://hottopusa.com/Merchant2/merc...&Product_Code=KN-8828B-2Kplus&Category_Code=R

Rather than list out all of the modifications here is a post from last year where I do the show and tell on how to modify and what I did

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/407569-Hottop-coffee-roaster-modifications

This roaster can be operated in a number of ways:

As a stand alone machine, run from the coffee roaster's control panel, monitoring BT/ET on the external TC4C+LCD.

It can be hooked to any dual channel data logging thermeter.

The TC4C USB outputs to a computer and either Artisan or RoastLogger software which can send signals back to the TC4C to remotely control the roaster's fan and burners from the roasting software

If the Meter you are using has a USB interface, pass through to a computer can be recorded in a detailed roasting log/profile.

This is NOT your grandma's coffee roaster. It is a sophisticated, computer controlled, coffee roasting machine.

I will include 3 pounds (1 lb each) of YOUR choice from my current hand picked stash of green coffee from around the world to get you started.

I will include a CD installer of the Artisan coffee roasting software with a sample start profile.

I am asking $950.00 for the roaster. It will be packed in the original factory shipping container along with the outboard TC4C and your chosen coffee.

Since this is a little heaver than your typical DE razor, shipping will be paid by the purchaser at actual cost for shipping and insurance (it will need to be insured because of the value). PM me your zip code and I will tell you the UPS/FedEx shipping costs to your door.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've weighed everything up and I could pay UPS/FedEx shipping.

This is CONUS only for free shipping (well nothing is "free" but I would pay shipping charges).

Sorry for the follow up post but I could not edit the original as edit time expired :sad:

My goodness!! This is an amazing deal!! Anyone wishing to get into the coffee roasting game should grab this quick!

Good luck with the sale, Mick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom