What's new

What goodies are you expecting in the mail?

Roger! Should be just right for my wife's car, which rarely gets more than 25 miles from our local repeaters.

Any thoughts on the Bluetootrh feature?

Roger! Should be just right for my wife's car, which rarely gets more than 25 miles from our local repeaters.

Any thoughts on the Bluetootrh feature?
I read that it works but that the range is not that great. Some people have complained that stepping 10 ft away disconnects. I suppose the metal cage of the car body has something to do with that.
I want to try it out with a BT headset for casting while on the cycle.

Awaiting some Col. Conk's Bay Rum Shave Soap, a nice metal shaving bowl, and a matching razor/brush holder.

Today I received a Tweezerman badger brush. I knew it was a gamble, getting such a cheap-o, and it seems I may have lost; it has a somewhat noticeable crack in the wooden handle, stemming from the brush end, and it appears to be shedding some bristles. I'll give it a shot though, maybe it will surprise me.

Went on a fragrance binge. Have 100 ml bottles of Montale Black Aoud and Amouage Jubilation XXV and a 20 ml bottle of Cuir d'Arabie on the way. They are set to arrive at about the same time that my turn with the puck of GIT shave soap starts. It will be tough wearing the GIT every day while the others sit waiting.

2 straights (my first) after their hone from Lynn at Straight Razor Designs. I'm really hoping to get them tomorrow, but definitely by Wednesday. I'll have a cheek sawed off by Thursday afternoon.

I just got a supply of DE razor blades from WCS. At my age, it may be the better part of a lifetime supply especially as I will alternating with SE and straight shaving.

Am still expecting:

a) hardware and fasteners from McFeely's
b) calendar and jigsaw puzzles from Amish Country Store
c) Emergency Essentials food storage supplies
d) Wool field coat from Woolrich
e) penmanship supplies from John Neal Books

The turnaround on the WCS order was amazingly fast - less than a week and I sent them a m.o. by snail mail.

I am currently waiting on a box of awesomeness from the northwoods. In that box will be three pucks of Mama Bear's shave soaps, and four bars of glycerine bathsoap. I can't wait!!!

DL

Top Bottom