What's new

What goodies are you expecting in the mail?

2 Mama bear's soaps: clove leaf & tangerine scent soap, Cannabis scent soap
some sensitive skin Proraso soap and a new Edwin Jagger DE89 razor.
a vintage russian travel razor off ebay and some Caswell & Massey patchouli cologne & after shave and a vintage Gillette red flare tip.

I'm expecting a set of two of the Vie-Long Professional Nº2 Brown Horse Hair Extra brushes featured in the movie Pan's Labyrinth....one for me and one for my dad. They should be arriving soon from Spain if they're not being held up in customs somewhere along the way. Both are in "extra" horsehair where "extra" designates it has gone through a bit of a softening process...I assumed it meant extra dense. I should have read a little closer because I enjoy a little prickliness. I guess the softer, longer loft will add a little variety to my usual short loft badger and boar face latherers. :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
KarthVader-

I have a Colonel 2XL "Ehsan" variety. It's a nice size.
I really like the way it handles. Now, I just need to use it often to get it broken in well.

Enjoy

Wow... you know for a fact that it's the brush from the movie? How cool is that!

I'm expecting a set of two of the Vie-Long Professional Nº2 Brown Horse Hair Extra brushes featured in the movie Pan's Labyrinth....one for me and one for my dad. They should be arriving soon from Spain if they're not being held up in customs somewhere along the way. Both are in "extra" horsehair where "extra" designates it has gone through a bit of a softening process...I assumed it meant extra dense. I should have read a little closer because I enjoy a little prickliness. I guess the softer, longer loft will add a little variety to my usual short loft badger and boar face latherers. :001_smile

Wow... you know for a fact that it's the brush from the movie? How cool is that!

That's the rumor through the forum grapevines anyway. It is pretty cool, though! :001_smile

The "Pro" designation only means these are not considered fancy brushes by any means, rather they are basic, affordable brushes meant for professional barbershop use...and at only 9.45€ ($12.97 US) + shipping for the even most expensive one they are very affordable, indeed. They look pretty unique, as well...they come in 3 colors but I really like the natural brown version...the knot is half tail/half mane. Apparently, if I have it right, horse hair soaks up water like a boar and feels somewhere between badger and boar.

If anyone is interested you can import them from Gifts&Care in Spain:

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/catalog/the-pleasure-of-shaving/barber-brushes.html

Last edited:
Well it's not a shave goodie this time.....

My order was a book from a Barnes & Noble used bookseller.

I made the mistake of having it shipped USPS book rate. They said it could be up to 14 business days! So far I'm closing in on 8. Ahem. :001_huh:

This month was a stock up month. I have received already Pirates Cove Shave Soap, assortment of blades, St Charles Soap . I have additional blades, Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Vulfix Soap, Witch Hazel, Ogallala Bay Rum. Non shaving a bottle J Herbin ink, and stationary.

Got a Vie Long 13061 Horse brush, EJ DE89, razor sampler, and some Provence Sante soap. All from BullGoose, and my first foray into wetshaving! Hope it gets here soon...

Cologne samples from Thierry Mugler, a cash back check from my credit card company, and a Guitar Hero bundle for my Wii that I redeemed some work recognition/reward points for.

im waiting on a few goodies :)

proraso soap (large)
alcolado glacial 500ml
proraso AS
skinbracer AS
razorock alum stick
wilkinson shaving stick and a spiek shave stick

il have fun trying these out

Old Spice aftershave (Shumate) version from WCS

T&H Frequent Use Shampoo from T&H (this one has been on backorder since last week.

I have an Orient watch coming and today ordered myself a Georgetown G5 seconds scuttle. They told me it might actually ship tomorrow.

Top Bottom