What's new

What do you think from Above the Tie

Here is a work in progress. What do you think. Playing off the old Gillette "Black Beauty" vib. Let me know what you think. This could the direction of the Open Comb. Not trying to be a tease, I know you guys are waiting but the OC is just around the corner.

Attachments

• $DSCN3061.jpg
    $DSCN3061.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 721
  • $DSCN3060.jpg
    $DSCN3060.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 704
  • $DSCN3052.jpg
    $DSCN3052.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 708
What do I think of it? Let's say I used some bad words to describe how beautiful this razor is. :)

I loved the screw style handle and the black plate contrasting with the rest of the razor.

I use a straight but know that style handle would give you a secure grip. Personal taste only here but the very end of the handle is a smaller diameter knob on the end. To my eye it looks... I guess it looks anti-climatic. I'd have the knob be the same diameter as the rest of the handle for a more visually masculine appeal.

Oh, nice tie.:biggrin1:

I tell Stan your razors are a thing of beauty and simplicity at least to my thinking so I prefer all brushed stainless. And yes I am waiting for the OC soon????????

I tell Stan your razors are a thing of beauty and simplicity at least to my thinking so I prefer all brushed stainless. And yes I am waiting for the OC soon????????

+1 on preferring all brushed stainless

Also, +1 on thinking the handle design looks like it might be slippery

Last edited:
The end of the handle could be more interesting...I would experiment on that further. The razor head looks great...how pointy are the the corners for shaving...might see about rounding them ever so slightly. Black/polished/brushed razor head/handle combo choices might be cool for the first batch or two...then see where your sales go on each.

Id personally prefer it two-toned the opposite way, black handle and cap with a bright silver OC
Or have the black handle cap and silver OC with silver details on the handle say at the end of each radius

Love the contrast of the black and silver head, but that screw-type handle with a small end strikes me as awkward and ugley. Sorry.

Top Bottom