What's new

What do you think from Above the Tie

I really love the 2-tone look and although I don't love the handle I do think it's an interesting look and I like that it's a bit different.

I like the handle more than the ones that were floated as drawings earlier - a lot more. I am not a fan of the black coating. The basic SS will not chip or scratch and leave an ugly scar like a coating can/will. It looks sharp when new, but I believe the test of time will favor plain SS. Is there a release date for the X-2 plates?

I use a straight but know that style handle would give you a secure grip. Personal taste only here but the very end of the handle is a smaller diameter knob on the end. To my eye it looks... I guess it looks anti-climatic. I'd have the knob be the same diameter as the rest of the handle for a more visually masculine appeal.

Oh, nice tie.:biggrin1:
+1 from me, too.

Otherwise, I think it looks epic. Love the matte effect, love the handle except for the very end, and love the contrast between the matte metal and the black metal.

What is the black? a coating on top of the stainless steel?
Given my annoyance with "tea stains" (or rust, or whatever it is) on blades in uncoated stainless razors, I'd like to see an all-black head; or at least the underside of the cap, coated, too. (Of course the coating has to be bullet-proof, too, and all the obvious caveats). Visually the contrast is kind of nice.

The handle is striking, probably I like the prior ATT handles more, but a range of styles is cool.

I believe with any coating there is a chance of chipping and scratching. Even the toughest gun coatings will do this. Keep it all stainless and any stains or markings can be buffed off.

I like the overall look. Its different and the contract is interesting on the black plate. The only other DE's I've seen out there that are not silver or gold are the Parker mat finished ones. I like the handle and think it would be easier to hold than any of the smooth styles out now.

I dig the 2 tone, but maybe this could be an option? 2 tone or all stainless? You choose!
Or all black too!?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom