What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

IMG_9125.jpeg

IMG_9123.jpeg
IMG_9126.jpeg

Sweet as always when I use this razor - 10

GRUME June – Day 6
Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report
06 June 2023

1686049832170.jpeg
PERMANENT SHAVE GEAR
  • Prep: Cube 2.0 Menthol with cold rain water
  • Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum Blade #19 of 100 Shave #2
  • Razor: King C. Gillette
  • Cream: Proraso Green using very hot rain water
  • Brushes: Noble Otter for prep and lathering
  • Bowls: Timeless Blue bowls for Cube 2.0 prep & Lathering
  • A/S: Aqua Velva Musk
Passes: WTG, ATG, buffing as required
Cleanup: Rinsed & dried face, Gentleman Jack alum block, Witch Hazel, A/S.
Comments: Following a Cube 2.0 soak-in prep, this morning’s shave, yielded no nicks or weepers; with only token stubble to buff. I lathered over the prep lather.
I was a bit rushed this morning as the LOTH has a jury duty summons in downtown Dallas. Later, I have a knee-surgery procedure consultation appointment
Today’s Rating: 10.0 BBS

Evening shave
Razor: RazoRock Game Change .68-P
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
Soap: VDH
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Rating: 7/10, DFS
This blade out of the gate felt really great, but it seemed to leave me some stubble. I had a hard time getting a really close shave. Maybe this blade wants to be in a more efficient razor than my GC .68-P. I will try it with the .84-P plate tonight and see if there is a difference. Nice and smooth though and no irritation of any kind.

Just used a Harry’s razor on my head. Lathered my noggin with Cella shave soap using my trusty cheap synthetic brush and coffee mug (no fellows there wasn’t any coffee in it). I’ll chime in tomorrow on my face shave but it’ll be with my Vikings blade Emperor Augustus razor, so I’m new here and yall have a great day!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Just used a Harry’s razor on my head. Lathered my noggin with Cella shave soap using my trusty cheap synthetic brush and coffee mug (no fellows there wasn’t any coffee in it). I’ll chime in tomorrow on my face shave but it’ll be with my Vikings blade Emperor Augustus razor, so I’m new here and yall have a great day!
Hello and welcome to B & B!

Cream: Barbasol 1919
Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head - Hybrid Tech w/ Personna Blue
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

Another 💯/💯

Outstanding. Hybrid is completely accurate. The shave was nothing like I expected. Felt more like I was shaving with a NEW long comb then I was a tech but better. I seem to be able to clog up my long combs if I don't remember to rinse more often. I didn't have that problem with the Hybrid Tech.

No blade feel, smooth shaving, and efficient. I guess it also reminded me of the FrankenTech using the PAA Meta-4 top cap on my Ca Pre-war Tech.

Last edited:
Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cremo Heritage Red
Razor: Razorock Game Changer 68-P
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 9.2/10

A better shave than I expected. I've never loved the Voskhod blade but wanted to give it another chance. Maybe it's my improved technique but this blade has operated quite nicely for me.

proxy.php

Top Bottom