What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Some similarity to Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods but without the 'powdery' dry down. Instead, I catch some 'tobacco' notes. I like it and can see where it will pair up with a variety of my favorite EdTs and Colognes.

Plus, it feels great in my skin. :)

Does it have skin food in it like Lucky Tiger or is it more of a straight scented aftershave splash?

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (~9, probably time to bin it)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia"
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia"
Rating: 9.8/10 - Crazy weather here. Sunday it was 80+ degrees and I had to use a summer soap. This morning it was 48 - time for the winter soaps!

Razor: Blackbird sb
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (2)
Brush: Yaqi synthetic 28mm
Soap: Officina Artigiana Milano
Rating: 10

Another excellent, irritation free BBS result. This soap produces great smelling, slick lather and the post shave feel is right up there with the best. I usually use balms as some splashes irritate my face but not this one, it left my face feeling well conditioned and the scent lasts for hours.
PXL_20201117_093505044.jpg

- Prep: Shower and Proraso Red Preshave cream
- Brush: Simpson Special Pure Badger
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
- Blade: Dorco Prime (2)
- Soap: Razorock What the Puck Green
- Aftershave: B&M Soft Heart Unscented
- Post Shave: Hyaluronic Acid

Dentist appointment today so I had to forgo the scented AS.

Nice shave and I am reaching for the 6S more often then not. Just a great razor. The little Simpson in Pure is a very good face lathering brush and holds a ton of lather for its size. For under $30, everyone should own one.

9/10

My Tuesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
2-1/2 pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Gillette 40's Super Speed (1952)​
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Proraso White Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel​
Aftershave: Proraso White Balm for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Rating: 9.6/10 DFS!
  • An all Proraso White shave today
  • No nicks!
  • Just a hint of delayed irritation
  • Not bad for the 6th shave on the GSB
  • First time using this specific razor (I do have another SS)
proxy.php

Prep: J&J Baby oil
Blade: Astra
Razor: Gillette NEW
Shaving creme: TBS Maca Root
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Brazer

9 / 10

I used an inherited Allegro honing and stropping machine with a blade used four times; I must admit I am surprised at the results, but I do not know if yesterday's shave was not that good due to a worn - out blade or the razor, which could have been damaged due to fire.

This is the Gillette NEW I had plated (Should have chosen nikel).

2020_11_17 23_29 Office Lens.jpg

As to the aftershave, Mennen's Skin Bracer is amazing.

Prep: Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRB Shavette
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Black Indian Half Blade (D1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in Best Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Balm
Rating : 9.8 /10
Very very nice BBS in 2.5 passes !!

Τετάρτη... Σήμερα έχει τράπεζα...

Razor : Muehle R89
Blade : BiC (3)
Soap : Phoenix Accoutrements / Cavendish
Brush : Yaqi Red 24 100% silvertip (I just wonder why yaqi says 100%....)

WTG=>XTG=> 9.5/10.0 with a small nick

PXL_20201118_053657414.jpg

Prep: Hot shower and face wash with Pear’s soap
Pre: N/A
Brush: Omega Jade Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor:Rockwell 6s Plate 4
Blade: Feather (4rd use)
A/S: Tabac splash

This combo was selected by Shave Roulette

The wheel knew it was Tuesday and so naturally it’s the delightfully obnoxious Tabac!!

I don’t use the Omega brush much anymore as I’m a daily shaver and I feel boar is at its best when scrubbing the living daylights out of three or four days growth. So the brush was a little rough, it’s 6 months or so old but I don’t feel it’s broken into something special yet. Tabac is, as you all know, a superb performer. I like the soap scent very much but the splash has a harsh note which I find unpleasant, plus it seems to burn like billy-o even in areas where I didn’t get that close! I don’t think I’ll re-buy the splash as Old Spice would compliment Tabac just as well IMHO.

Back on home ground with the 4 plate and a soon to be replaced Feather. DFS++!!
A BBS is in kissing distance but I have a couple of obstinate spots under my chin and directly above my adams apple. A couple of weepers and a bit of irritation on the ever sensitive neck marred an otherwise very close shave indeed. I think going from the 6 to 4 plate made me over-confident! I’m one of those guys who doesn’t mind a bit of pain for a real close shave though! 8/10

Another week, another fantastic Williams Wednesday with Modern Williams, Williams Aqua Velva Ice Blue, and Williams ASB.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Modern Williams crushed into a Marvy Mug
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Omega Pro 48
AS: Williams Aqua Velva (Eur)
ASB: Williams ASB (Eur)
Rating: 11/10 (Williams is always 110%)

Another Williams Wednesday for the love of the shave. It was just a perfect shave. Three passes, none against the grain, and semi-BBS.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Budgerigar theme this morning : cheap, cheap, cheap. Nothing for more than a fiver.

Something called a “Mushtaq Silver Steel” 7/8 round point straight razor. £2.99 through Amazon.
Wilkinson Sword “Pure bristle” brush. £3.50 from Tesco.
Arko stick. Multi-pack, so about £1 each through Amazon.
Superdrug “Forest fresh” aftershave. £2.99 from Superdrug.

The “razor” price included shipping from somewhere (Pakistan? India? Anyone know?) to the UK – and I’ve paid more than that just to have a razor shipped from the South Coast to the Midlands. This was my “I have no idea what I’m doing with these stone things and I’m going to wreck the first razor I try to hone” razor. Turned out useable, but it’s answered my question of why new hollow ground 7/8 razors tend to have a stabiliser – this one doesn’t. Bit of wobbly fun, but nothing fell off or out of my face so I’m considering that a result.

Nothing wrong with Arko or Forest Fresh : they just fit the “less than a fiver” rubric. They’re regulars in the bathroom, and I let the Wilkinson brush out for a run around my features every so often (I’ve bought it, so I’m damn well going to use it).

I’d probably give things a “6”, but I’m going to bump it to a “7” because it’s just so unlikely.

Wed 18th On the Road SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Excellent soap with nice scent and performance.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes for a mostly bbs to dfs/ccs result. Rating 9.7/10
20201118_184543.jpg

20201118_072209.jpg

Top Bottom