What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Charcoal Goods level 2 stainless razor, Stirling Piacenza soap, Semogue 610 boar brush, Personna blue blade. A wonderful shave!

:a14:

5.10star.jpg

Ok the derby extra blades are out the shave is just okay. I have had more Nicks with them than everything else since I started back shaving I have uses each blade twice . I have 15 brands in the sample pack and I am putting one in each of my two D.E.
Tonight's shave
Razor: Merkur 1904
Blade: Derby extra 👎👿
Brush: Yaqi mountain lake badger
Cream : Proraso
After shave:Nivea sensitive skin balm

Ok the derby extra blades are out the shave is just okay. I have had more Nicks with them than everything else since I started back shaving I have uses each blade twice . I have 15 brands in the sample pack and I am putting one in each of my two D.E.
Tonight's shave
Razor: Merkur 1904
Blade: Derby extra 👎👿
Brush: Yaqi mountain lake badger
Cream : Proraso
After shave:Nivea sensitive skin balm
I could only get one shave out of a Derby blade. So even though they were cheaper than other longer lasting blades, they were not a good value for me after doing the math.

I could only get one shave out of a Derby blade. So even though they were cheaper than other longer lasting blades, they were not a good value for me after doing the math.
I got 3-4 nicks on the second shave. In both razors . I have 14 more brands to try . I will shave with my Gem tomorrow then pick out another brand to try.

Timeless .68 SS
WILKINSON Sword Light Brigade blade
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Manchurian ( Sue Cancer Memorial auction model)
Grooming Department Mallard Lavender soap
Balm: pasted the remaining Mallard soap on face and let sit while cleanup
Aftershave : Creed Green Irish Tweed

Today's shave: 05/09/2020
Razor: Razorock SS Hawk OC on HD handle
Brush: Simpsons Beaufort B4 Pure Badger
Blade: Schick P30 Proline Blade (2)
Soap: Arko
AS: Alum rub & Pinaud Clubman AS

Rating: 9
Comments: Good shave! Great Razor!!
Probably I will go back to Iridium tomorrow ;)

Razorock SS Hawck OC

proxy.php

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable - 1964 3rd Q J3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue 2nd use
Soap: Mike’s Natural Lime
Brush: Yaqi aqua synthetic
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Trumper’s Lime After Shave
Bowl: Captain's Choice Large Cobalt Blue

This was only my second shave with the Slim Adjustable, and I was a lot more cautious than with the first. I'd over shaved badly, underestimating the aggressiveness of it with a new blade and at 6, leading to several hours of razor burn.

Now though, with three days growth, I kept at 6 for WTG but with very light pressure. Then down to three for XTG and some ATG.

Yes I got a DFS but needed some clean ups later around the mouth. It's teaching me to remember good technique.

Still a very enjoyable shave and I'd rate it 8.5.
proxy.php

Shave #16

5/8 W.H. Morley & Sons
B&M Fougere Angelique
B&M 22mm Synth.
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
Clubman

20200511_062150.jpg

not the biggest fan of Mondays....this made it better. 2 1/2 passes. WTG, AGT, + cleanup. maybe a couple shaves left in this tub. no worries.....have backup replacement ready!!!!! DFS. I await the arrival of the McLellan Hamburg Ring.

9.8/10

camo

Razor: Razorock GC68-P
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Preshave with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol
Lather: C O Bigelow Eucalyptus Oil + Cremo Original
Aftershave: None

No issues. No irritation.
Pleasant shave.
Rating: 9.7/10

This blade has a nice blend of sharpness and smoothness. Very close and smooth shave. :lol:

The tube of CO Bigelow is empty.:sad:

MacaRoot Monday 11th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Ikea
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Rocket HD 500
Blade SuperMax SS Blue 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
MacaRoot & Aloe Water Gel
Nice lather with nice scent. Nice soft brush with backbone too. A pleasure to use. Shave with razor and blade was both mild and safe. 3 multiple passes without trying to chase BBS. No irritations nor weepers. DFS to CCF results.
Ice water rinse feels great followed by Thayers & MacaRoot.
Rating today 8.5/10
20200511_071628.jpg

20200511_074621.jpg

Preshave: Grooming Dept Preshave
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Declaration Grooming Original (Milksteak)
Razor: Wolfman WR1 0.61 OC
Blade: Lab Blue
Postshave: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn/Grooming Dept rejuvenating serum
Rating: 9.5/10

This was nearly a perfect shave. The hair wiped away, the lather and slickness perfection, and the post shave sublime. I don't know if there is a 10/10 shave that I can achieve, but this was close to it. Perfect start to the day.

Top Bottom