What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210508_175639~2.jpg

Razor: Ikon B1 Standard (TiBam "Antique" Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Reuzel
Fragrance: Preferred Stock

Excellent shave! :cool:

My Saturday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, XTG/ATG​
Razor: American Knife Co., Plymouth Hollow, Connecticut- Circa 1849-1875 (First time using!)
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Aftershave Splash - Alcohol and Menthol Free​
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Aftershave Balm​
10/10 DFS! Just a really pleasant shave today!
  • I was going to give this a 10+, but I got a couple of nicks at the very end...
  • First time using this razor! I was more than pleased! This arrived yesterday. The seller said "shave ready" and I had reservations. I gave it a paste strop treatment and it surpassed my expectations!
  • The soap and brush performed excellently today!
proxy.php

Last edited:
Sun 9th SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor RR GC.84 SB-D
Blade Czech Astra Superior Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Beautiful scent and gorgeous lather from the soap! Thickly creamy and slick! Almost wanted to lick it...hahaha
Shave with razor paired with the vintage blade was a wow! Crisp, smooth, and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues. Mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome too. Rating another 10/10!
20210509_115225.jpg

Sunday morning.

Vintage Butterfield Brothers (Oldham) "Griffon" 6/8 square point straight razor
Shavemac 89 "Gold rush" handle 26x58mm pure badger brush
Wickhams "Russian Leather" soap
Vintage (1980s) Yardley Black Label aftershave

Flannel and basin wash and shave this morning - I'd patched up the grouting around the shower yesterday and wanted to give it a few more hours. nice shave with the Butterfield - seems they did as well on the red rose side of the Pennines as they did on the white.

The brush is still feeling quite new (9th go since it arrived in December), but it did well with the soap. I'd used Cussons "Impertial Leather" bar soap and talc, so thought I'd be justified mixing it up a bit with the aftershave.

I'll give it another "9" this morning.

A Sunday morning 24-hour beard shave:

Gillette postwar fat-handled Tech/Derby Premium blade (1)

Mix of Trumper's Almond cream and Barbasol Original foam

Semogue boar brush

Proraso Red aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Washed my face and throat with Dial soap, applied a little Assured lotion, then wet my face again and put on a bit of the Trumper's cream as a pre-shave while my brush soaked. Then I loaded the brush and whipped it in the scuttle, added a spritz of Barbasol, and face lathered (really sort of face-painted). The Tech moved easily through the growth, though the Derby is not as sharp as the Feathers I usually use in this razor. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, ATG and XTG plus cleanup. Very nice.

Verdict: 9.3.

09 May 2021
20210509_060648.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream For The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy √
Old Spice Original –India
Old Spice Musk – India
Proraso Green –Italy
Brushes For The Shave:
Omega 11126 -- Today’s shave
Gray Dog -- Prep with Old Spice Bar soap
Blade For The Shave:
Bolzano Superinox Shave #1 (blade felt a little rough, corked it when done
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Summary:
Rating: 9.2
Quality: CCS
Results: An acceptable stubble free shave. But one nasty chin nick—I forgot to tighten the TTO head enough.
Info: As of this morning I have I decided to change soap(s) with each blade change. This should help keep my shave den less cluttered.

Razor: Merkur 23C
Blade: Feather (6)
Brush: Semogue 1520, 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Cream: Derby Normal

Myrsol Blue Aftershave splash,
Pre de Provence Aftershave Balm

A smooth and comfortable shave. Last use of this Feather blade. The 23C is a very good razor for me (as are most of my razors).
No nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 9th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Refreshing Green (menthol)
Soap: Signature Soaps - Coria
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RazoRock Lupo Aluminum
Blade: Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soaps - Coria
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

A great BBS shave, and Rosy/Coria day, perfect in everyway, everythings smelling of Roses :)

Joe

D61259BE-0CB7-4533-820D-CA9B81843CEB.jpeg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Copious face lathering of MdC Fougere with a Kent BK4 prepared the way for three passes with a Gillette Silver Blue in an Above the Tie Windsor SSR-1. Aftershave was a liberal splash of 4711 cologne. A BBS 10.

This was my first time with a GSB. It is a great blade, very smooth and very efficient, probably the best "first shave" blade I have experienced. It will be fun to see how it holds up.
21624726-FF44-4C34-B544-861B944A39E7.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, May 9th 2021

Razor: Pal injecto-matic injector-MFG 1950's, milder mid range, Very well designed IMO, they spent over 1 million dollars to tool up to develop this razor in the 1950's so how many millions today?
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity and smooths out nicely.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, I enjoy the scent and excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,bBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna injector blade.
Sunday Schick shave, May 9th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN with Two Dot Plate
Blade: Feather Professional
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Fantastic Mindless Shave. Did have some stinging when I did the cold water rinse and noticed I had to go over spots several times, time for a new blade.

Top Bottom