What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 10th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Refreshing Green (menthol)
Soap: ARKO
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RazoRock Lupo Aluminum
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Proraso - Refreshing Green (menthol)
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Another great BBS shave, forgot how nice the Lupo shaves, need to rotate it in more often :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_0970.jpeg

Im digging that bowl
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 10th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Refreshing Green (menthol)
Soap: ARKO
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RazoRock Lupo Aluminum
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Proraso - Refreshing Green (menthol)
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Another great BBS shave, forgot how nice the Lupo shaves, need to rotate it in more often :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

View attachment 1264405

Soap/Cream: Proraso Red soap
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock SE (Yellow) (4th)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea sensitive balm.

2 passes (WTG/ATG), excellent shave, at least a CCS.
After 3 days of adding an XTG on my upperlip (instead of WTG only), I limited myself to WTG after inflicting a small red dot yesterday.
I'm experimenting with a small patch on my lower neck where the hairs grow in yet another direction. Got that patch totally BBS today. But the friction with my shirt collar doesn't feel nice.

9/10 for me

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 Blade (D10)
Brush: Custom Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Palmolive Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Lotion
Rating : 9.85/10 :pipe:
I just cannot stay away from my Feather AC SS :straight:
The blade is still very smooth and sharp after 10 shaves of 3 passes each !!

Very close and comfortable BBS in 2.5 passes ! :001_wub:

Mon 10 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RR GC.84 SB
Blade Russia Astra Superior Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Very good lather from the cream. Pleasant mild scent with great creamy and slick qualities...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Can feel the blade is somehow smoother and sharper! Excellent shave capped off by excellent aftershaves. Rating 10/10!
20210510_071454.jpg

176D33E7-D653-48A7-9622-5784AA8454EF.jpeg

Razor: Razorock BBS
Blade: Vintage Astra SS (3)
Soap: Stirling Spice
Brush: TGN Silvertip
Aftershave: Proraso Red

Another good shave with the vintage Astra blade. It felt especially smooth today, and the results were good as well. Two pass, no irritation, DFS

9/10

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Vie-Long 04503 Horse, 21mm

Soap: Huntlee Master Lather Sweet Tobacco

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
Booster Mosswood Aftershave Splash

A smooth and comfortable three passes with a touch-up to boot. The Aristocrat is a very good razor. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. A close shave.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Gillette 1939-1945 Canadian Tech
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Dscosmetic 25mm Boar/Badger mix
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo
Aftershave: Extro Cosmesi - Licorice and Magnolia
E184B736-3C35-469F-B597-B8EE7358F547.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Dances with wolve….Swims with the Sharks
I’ve never had a bad shave with this pre-war Tech, and today was no different. My post shave face is about as perfect as you can get. Smooth as silk with no reminders that a razor has crossed its path today. That’s about as good as it gets. This shave may even be a bit nicer than the last one with the black handle Super Speed and this same Shark blade. I only use DE blades three times, so I’ll have to say farewell to my little friend.
While I’m on the topic of post shave face, I’d like to say that this “Extro” aftershave is becoming a favourite. It leaves my face feeling so nice without any oiliness or shine. It has just the right amount of alcohol to let you know it’s an active ingredient, but not enough to create overt discomfort.
The scent…aaaah…the scent! A very classy and well blended essence of magnolia and liquorice that is subtlety fresh and appealing.

10 May 2021
20210510_060316.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S
Van der Hagen √
Cream For The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy √
Old Spice Original –India
Old Spice Musk – India
Proraso Green –Italy
Brushes For The Shave:
Omega 11126 -- Prep with Old Spice Bar soap
Gray Dog -- Today’s shave
Blade For The Shave:
Bolzano Superinox Shave #2
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Summary:
Rating: 9.8
Quality: DFS+
Results: Minimal stubble, no nicks, or weepers.
Info: Corking this blade seemed to eliminate the coarse feeling noted yesterday. I hope I can harvest some rain water the next few days.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Captain's Choice Bay Rum shave cream
Brush: Maggards Timberwolf synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Voshkod (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

Great shave from this combo again. The real standout however...I'm so used to getting excellent results with the Lupo SS now...is the Captain's Choice Bay Rum cream. Smells fantastic and it lathered so easily and well. It painted on as if it were actually white paint...a perfect consistency...slick and creamy. Well done, Captain's Choice!

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210510.jpg

Mon 10 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RR GC.84 SB
Blade Russia Astra Superior Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Very good lather from the cream. Pleasant mild scent with great creamy and slick qualities...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Can feel the blade is somehow smoother and sharper! Excellent shave capped off by excellent aftershaves. Rating 10/10!
View attachment 1264446

I am always surprised that Saponificio Bignoli doesn't get more love on here. The are excellent performing creams!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, May10th, 2021

Razor: Gem Feather-weight 1st gen-Mfg 1950-52,2nd Gen 53-54, excellent <mid range, easy to manipulate the face, very carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum +sandal wood(some clove), great scent with great lather qualities + soap can be thirsty IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips+ great scrub(good backbone) IMO + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 +pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel(clean skin of soap) + Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with 1st gen Gem Feather-weight with a new coated blade.
GEMonday, May 10th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

1620654380228.jpeg

Brush: Maggard/Oumo 28mm SHD
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Oceana
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette Platinum

10/10: Outstanding shave that saved this knot from the “sell” bin. That 34c… it never really fails, does it? Very nice to return to the Soft Heart base, one of my favorites.

Top Bottom