What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

My Monday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8" Full Hollow Spanish Point Carbon Steel w/ Modern Olivewood Scales​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Rudy Vey w/ Synbad Synthetic​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free: Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
9.4/10 DFS!
  • No irritation!
  • A nice comfortable shave
  • A couple of nicks....

Quote Reply

Brush: RV Mandarin 24 mm 2 Band Shavemac knot

Blade: Dorco Prime from @SharpieB , nice blade , we will see with tomorrow’s shave

Soap: Santa Maria Del Fiore, nice soap lots of lather

Razor: Timeless Ti SB .95

Post Shave: Santa Maria Del Fiore skin splash, SV Cubebe aftershave

10/10
3EE55D9A-A7EA-4EBE-9BA8-39C93AFB1025.jpeg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather ProGuard Blade (D10)
Brush: Omega 30164
Soap : Arko Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Biotiq Wild Grass AS Lotion
Rating : 9.85/10

This blade is simply amazing. Even after 10 shaves of 3 passes each, this blade is very very sharp and smooth ! Don't know how many more shaves this blade is going to provide :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and effortless BBS in 2.5 passes !

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
CB5FF729-5CCB-4217-B22F-97CD48D560A8.jpeg

PreProraso Red pre shave, Italy 🇮🇹
Soap
P&B Spitfire, UK 🇬🇧
Brush
Yaqi Evil Zebra 26, China 🇨🇳
Razor
RR Gamechanger .84, Russia 🇷🇺
Blade
Nacet, Russia 🇷🇺
Aftershave
Proraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Nivea balm, Germany 🇩🇪
Fragrance
Guerlain Arsene Lupin Dandy, UK 🇬🇧
Rating
8/10. Solid

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 6th April 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Ach Brito - Mogno
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: GSB (1)
Post Shave ASL: Proraso - Green
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Back to some sanity after the madness that is Feather and BIC, nice three pass DFS, zero nicks and no razor burn.

Back to the grind as they say, enjoy your Tuesday :)

Joe

IMG_0826.jpeg

IMG_2660.JPG

Pre-shave: Proraso Cream
Razor: Badland Blackbird
Blade: Personna Super
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Soap: Col Conk Lime
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Note: My first shave with open comb DE and blade came with razor. First shave with any pre-shave agent.

Overall, one incredible shave. I wasn't immediately overtaken with the feel of the open comb the same way I was the first time I shaved with stainless steel; nevertheless, the performance was flawless. PAA Atomic Rocket is a lather machine. I should have tried their others first as this brush sets the bar relatively high. Personna Super performed better than any blade which came free with any of my other razors. I don't recall being enamored with Personna blades in the past but may have to rethink this one. Five blades which came with the razor should be sufficient. Proraso pre-shave cream was penetrating and has nice scent. It definitely added something to the shave.

Rating: Overall experience was 10/10. Blackbird open comb will require further user familiarity. Although highly enjoyable, it was time consuming. PAA Atomic Rocket is a beast of a brush.

View attachment 1247337

Pre-shave: Proraso Cream
Razor: Badland Blackbird
Blade: Personna Super
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Soap: Col Conk Lime
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Note: My first shave with open comb DE and blade came with razor. First shave with any pre-shave agent.

Overall, one incredible shave. I wasn't immediately overtaken with the feel of the open comb the same way I was the first time I shaved with stainless steel; nevertheless, the performance was flawless. PAA Atomic Rocket is a lather machine. I should have tried their others first as this brush sets the bar relatively high. Personna Super performed better than any blade which came free with any of my other razors. I don't recall being enamored with Personna blades in the past but may have to rethink this one. Five blades which came with the razor should be sufficient. Proraso pre-shave cream was penetrating and has nice scent. It definitely added something to the shave.

Rating: Overall experience was 10/10. Blackbird open comb will require further user familiarity. Although highly enjoyable, it was time consuming. PAA Atomic Rocket is a beast of a brush.
It's nice to be able to take the time for a shave like that. I have the PAA Atomic Rocket also, it's really something else. Glad I made that purchase.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Hi there. I see lots of you use complete shaving kit, can you recommend me any after shave cream? Thanks View attachment 1247345
Proraso makes very good and affordable creams. I don't know what kind of scents you like. GEO. F. TRUMPER makes excellent creams. Taylor's of Old Bond Street is another that I and many people think is excellent. There are many many others.
Thank you for your question.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

06 April 2021
20210405_063037.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
WCS 84S Van der Hagen
Cream:
Old Spice Original Old Spice Musk Proraso Green
Brush For Today:
Omega11126 Gray Dog
Blade:
Van der Hagen Shave #3
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
9.5 DFS+ No stubble, nicks, or original weepers. Blade giving slight hints of dulling.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: WSP Blackbeard
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72 w/WCS SS handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum

Superb shave, DFS/BBS, four-pass with touch-ups. No blood or injuries. The second shave with the Nacet blade was much better than the first. WSP Blackbeard was dialed in on the money...slickness and protection were excellent...very good soap. Going with the Lime Bay Rum today...temperature high in the mid 60's.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210406.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN with Three Dot Plate
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming Convergence
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Alum Stick, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. Two tiny weepers, No cuts or irritation. Mindless carefree shave.

Top Bottom