What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre: Shower
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: Karve D plate
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Brush: Viking Soap L7 Odins Beard

Shave: 8/10. Great 2 pass shave firefighter is such a great scent. And the performance is really great too.
F4CEA036-30E5-4EBB-8973-AAEFF92C67A8.jpeg

Evening shave: 11/22/2020

Prep: Warm shower, Nivea Face cleanser
Pre shave: The bluebeards revenge, soapy water from the bowl
Soap: Haslinger Sheep milk
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Merkur (1) - The one included in the package
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26er
Alum: Osma
Aftershave: Witch hazel, floid metolado vigoroso lotion, Proraso sensitive balm

Rating: 7.5/10

The performance of the things used is pretty much known. The blade, however, is kinda dull and in the first pass especially didn't do much. This made me do 3 passes. Wtg, xtg and atg. Everything was going fine until I got to the third pass. As soon as I put the alum on my chin turned red. It also stung a lot and so did the floid aftershave. The proraso luckily was soothing. Now, about a half hour after my shave I have razor bumps. Like small red spots all over my chin area. I am sure it was the blade and that third pass. Plus, I had only shaved yesterday so i didn't have much hair to begin with.

I should have rated the shave a zero out of ten. I woke up to find that the spots have gotten worse and painful to the touch. It's definitely gonna a lot of days before i shave again.

A creamy and menthol monday with the GameChanger .68 plate series for the tool of choice.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Cream: Williams Refresh
Razor: RazoRock GC .68 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (2)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Soft Synthetic
AS: Williams Aqua Velva (Eur)
ASB: Williams ASB (Eur)
Rating: 8.3/10

Squirted some cream into the bottom of my Captains Choice Heavy Copper, filled the VdH bowl with Hot water, wet the brush, and built the lather you see below. Whipped right up.

Not a bad shave. Wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't bad. Pretty sure it would have been better if I didn't feel like I was in such a rush. Then again, you can't pick and choose your circumstances all of the time.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I heard the Yaqi knights helmet is a good aggressive razor if that is what person likes! Interesting looking head they designed.
Hey, thanks for your comment. It is indeed an aggressive razor head. I am still trying to get used to it especially for going ATG. The blade tends to chatter and skip during that pass and not very comfortable for around the lips area. Perhaps with the right blade, it might be better and as such, I am still searching. This is a free head anyway so just use it now and then. The most aggressive head however is the Yaqi Slant...in my opinion...hahaha

Simpsons Trafalgar T3
TOBS sandalwood
Muhle R41
Voshkod (1)
Simpsons BayRum AF balm

5/10

for some reason rough shave. I'm trying to come up with different techniques to shave my lower part of the neck where hairs grow horizontally but it was a disaster, nicks and cuts in the trouble area. Definitely something to learn from.

“Not sure what the hell that thing is” theme this morning. Spent half the morning unsuccessfully trying to find more information :

Unbranded wood scaled 6/8 round point straight “razor”
Unbranded wood handle “badger” brush
Current production “Brut” aftershave

MWF (doesn’t really fit the theme, but I keep The Fat in a wooden pot and I hadn’t used it for a few days)

Lot of judicious use of quotation marks there. The “razor” was less than a tenner from Amazon, and came with an edge that almost shaves after stropping on leather, which was a surprise. Nasty convex bevel, though, and the steel feels a bit nasty, too – no discernible ring to it. I’m not sure it’s worth waving the stones at it, but I’ll give it a run on my “refresher” strop (seat belt webbing with Silverline white on one side – it’s probably a bit furious for any edge I really cared about, but it seems to do something useful with the more unlikely projects like the £3 Mushtaq I used last week).

The brush behaves like a badger, so I’m willing to believe them on that score. It looks like the one that’s popped up in the Review section here, and seems to be the thing that comes with a lot of cheap brush/bowl/stand kits.

The aftershave eventually gets round to smelling something like “the great smell of Brut”, but there’s a fairly narrow window between the alcohol dissipating and the smell doing the same.

Got a nick – where the lower lip joins the chin. Felt a bit juddery before then, so not unexpected. Low quality unbranded styptic pencil that I got free with a shavette sorted that out before the second pass – so I got to include another item in the theme.

I’m not giving myself more than a “5” if I see red, but not bad all things considered.

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm
Preshave: Hot shower
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife Organic
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

No nicks. No irritation. Very close and smooth shave. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 10/10

Daily Shave: 23 November 2020
DSCF2336.JPG

Prep:
Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using distilled water)
Brush:
Viking Badger
Blade:
BIC / Blade #4 / Shave #3 (corrected)
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Wiped face dry and then Witch Hazel wipe down
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman
Rating:
10.0 BBS A fantastic shave with no stubble, nicks, or weepers. I don’t count tiny ‘oozers’ that quit before I finish shaving.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: PAA Space Nog - CK-6 formula
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass SB (Plate B)
Blade: Kai SS (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

The dependable Karve strikes again! DFS/BBS. Had to use Space Nog one more time before I put it away for a bit. Love that scent. Have a blessed week and, for those of you in the States, a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kit 20201123.jpg

Top Bottom