What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Todays 2 days of growth

Rockwell 6C plate 4
Polsilver SI (3)
AP shave faux marble 24mm brush
A&E Kaizen
Baxter of california aftershave balm

9/10

Attachments

• 20200902_103524.jpg
    20200902_103524.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Proraso White
Brush: Barrister and Mann Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70 w/WCS handle
Blade: Kai SS (4)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - hyaluronic acid - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum

Good shave from the Mamba 70, a reliable, mild razor. No issues. I'll be replacing the Kai SS after this shave with a fresh blade. Proraso White and Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum compliment each other well.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Enjoy the day.

Daily Shave: 02 September 2020

DSCF2230.JPG

Prep: Hot shower and then Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow Blade #2 Shave #6 and out
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe using rain water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Aqua Velva Musk
Rating: 9.0 DFS A good shave with a dulling blade—banked when done. On the plus side no major stubble, but one weeper. Off to a hematology / oncology doctor’s exam. Later today, harvest some more rain water for shaving.

Wed shave 1.jpg

Today I am using Grooming Dept.'s Asinus soap with a B&B LE 2012 brush. The brush was made by Rudy Vey and has a Shavemac knot in it. I have always liked the shape and feel of that brush. The razor is my Wolfman SS SB 1.05 loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. The aftershave is my favorite combo: Thayers Rose Petal WH and L'Occtaine ASB. After a shower, some Jimmy Choo Man Intense cologne. A perfect 10 shave.

Razor: 1965 Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (3)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender (shave stick)
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 9.8/10 - Easy comfortable shave, little to no irritation. I could be happy with this set up for a long time.

Where do you go to get the Quintero medium bowl made? Do you just download the file if you have a 3D printer?
My daughter's boyfriend has a 3D printer, and she has recently started wet shaving (gave her a P1 Lady Gillette in excellent condition for her birthday, along with some shave supplies to try), but a 3D printed shave bowl from her boyfriend would be a neat addition to her setup.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sep 2nd 2020- look into the future razor technology , 3D printed razors.

Razor:TNNSER 3D -Tom White creative razors & @riverrun computer skills- Mfg 2019, had a excellent 2 pass shave with pickups. It is a light razor and still needs a light pressure touch but it performs well when mastered.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Excellent all around blade with good longevity.
Soap: Williams shave mug- nice lemony scent with good lather qualities, secret to Williams mug soap is load well and apply a little pastier than other soaps. Great protection when done properly, it's like a lot shaving products to learn the best methods how to apply & use IMO.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic - Excellent lather tool,it will lather all the soaps out there + cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a small dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with the TNNSER 3D printed razor(Tom White creative razors)

SE SOTD-Wed, Sept, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom