What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (2)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T with synthetic knot
Soap: Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise"
Aftershave: Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise" aftershave tonic
Rating: 9.8/10 - I don't use Dr. Jon's all that often, but when I do I'm always impressed. May pick up a fall scent from them.

Razor: Gem Featherweight
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Ten!
PSX_20200830_081559.jpg

48-hour beard

Merkur Progress w/ Personna Med Prep blade (3)

Palmolive Classic cream (instead of my usual Tabac with this German razor)

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Though I shaved on Saturday, I skipped Sunday to have a shave today, the last day of August. Showered, a little Tabac as a pre-shave, then I dabbed some Palmolive Classic on the brush and face-lathered away. Today, also, I tried a little different arrangement with my settings: 3 for pass 1 on cheeks and throat, 2.5 for lower lip; 2.5 for pass 2 on cheeks and throat; down to 2 (my Merkur's mildest setting) for pass 2 on the lower lip.

Then I bumped the razor back up to 2.5 for my XTG pass and cleanup on my throat. I wound up with a very close and comfortable shave, though not really any closer than if I'd used setting 2 on the throat at the last. The cream works very very well in any case. Verdict: 9.6.
Happy Birthday :happybday:

Razor: Gem Featherweight
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Ten!
View attachment 1148029
Are those orange plastic things “blade dryers” from Etsy?

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil soap

Bowl/Scuttle:- Taylors Almond Cream

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Taylors

Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Gillette 7 o’clock
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix
Fragrance:- Lacoste

2nd and very simple shave with Wilkinson Classic and 7 o’clock. Not a fan of the Gillette 7 o’clock permasharp, I find it just plain rough but almost useable in the Wilkinson Classic.

Taylors Almond Shaving Cream is perfect, clogs a little in the Wilkinson but that’s not down to the cream.

7/10

17.02.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Monday morning shave

Razor: Gold Tech
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Badger
Soap: Arko
Finishing off Arko August in style. A great shave this morning. The older Tech must hold the blade differently as I’ve noticed a rougher shave experience when using this razor. Not ultra smooth compared to Super Speed and Ball end IMO. Really like the splash. Happy Monday!
9FBBEC9A-0B7D-4D80-827E-A21ACD860B9A.jpeg

8/10

Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson’s Special Best Badger
Soap: NO Orbit
Razor: Rockwell 2C
Blade: Israeli Personna Blue (3)
AS: Stirling Arkadia

Nice uneventful shave. Orbit is an amazing soap and Arkadia AS is a favourite.

I have the Special in Pure and Best and so far the Best is a bit softer and holds lather a bit better. Great brushes for $25-35 in any case. Can’t go wrong with either IMO.

9/10

Before: Hot shower, Stirling pre-shave soap.
Razor: Thunderbird 2, the BB Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 1st shave
Soap: PAA Synergy
Brush: Simpson SiVERTiP Chubby 2
Days since last shave: 2

Rating: 9 out of 10.

Notes: I have owned Simpsons brushes in Best, Super, Manchurian and now SiLVERTiP. My favorite? The SiLVERTiP hands down - excellent backbone, soft bristles, nice flow-through.

Hope you and yours are well.

Monday Shave

Razor: P1 Super Speed
Blade: Astra Platinum Superior (3rd use)
Brush: WCS Beacon Ancient Stone Collection Pure Badger
Soap: Wickham 1912 Mangun
AS: Thayers & Wickham 1912 Magnum

Today's shave was nice and relaxing, with 48 hours of growth. My facial hair doesn't grow 'fast', and I wanted to have a decent stubble to see how the blade did on it's 3rd shave. The Astra did a good job in its 3rd use. I will be trying it again on my next shave, but with only 24 or so hours of growth.
The brush is kind of a soap hog.
The soap works so well, and the scent is great. I really enjoy the staying power of the balm, and I does a nice job of making my skin feel good.

Today's shave was better than just a DFS, and only a little stubble remained on the problem areas. If this is how every shave goes, I will have nothing to whine about, and who would listen anyway, besides my dog??

Today's shave gets a 9.25.

IMG_E5509.JPG

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: AoS Sandalwood
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Comb w/ Fat handle
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (5)
Brush: Omega 10077
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

As close to a BBS as you can get without going ATG. No nicks, no irritation, and face feels fantastic. Almost a week on this blade too. I seem to reach for Aqua Velva whenever I use Sandalwood.

Thought about doing Single Edge September, but I don't think I can part with this Long Comb razor for a whole month.

Razor: GEM Junior Bakelite baton handle
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (7)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre Synthetic, medium size
Soap: Stirling Coniferous
Rating: 10.0

Morning shave on 4 days' growth. The GEM Junior made short work of the heavy stubble with no irritation or nicks. BBS that lasted for 8 hours or so before stubble was felt on my chin. A good way to start the week.

Tabac Tue 1st Slantember SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Permasharp Super 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Woods
Terrific tabac...working with the nice brush produces some super creamy and slick lather. The scent is errmmm ok...better than no scent.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was good. Generally smooth and comfortable. Can feel it is sharpish but however not as good as Elios, Tatra, Wizamet or Polsilver. Let's see how for next 2-3 shaves. 3 multiple direction passes with no issues. More BBS to DFS result. Postshave and aftershave was fantastic. Rating today 9.6/10
Sidenote: Somehow I find this slant to be more smoother, comfortable and efficient than the Parker SemiSlant and including the GC.84 SB.
20200831_232227.jpg

20200901_073654.jpg

Tuesday Shave - A birthday special 9.95/10 BBS!

Pre Shave - Hot water splash and Truefitt & Hill No.10 Pre Shave scrub
Brush - Hajamat Ash Wood Handled synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Hawkins & Brimble Shaving Cream
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89 with chrome finish
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India Made) on 1st use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Truefitt & Hill 1805 Aftershave Balm (My birthday gift from beloved wife)

Used all tried and tested products and the brand new birthday gift Aftershave today! The shaving cream and brush worked really well on face lathering and produced voluminous and slick lather. I find the India made Wilkies one of the smoothest blades around and with EJ DE89 they work extremely well.

Very comfortable three pass today and an excellent BBS shave! While there were no weepers, nicks or cuts the only concern was a little redness in the neck area post touch ups which was cooled down by application of alum. And then came the most awaited part of today’s shave - the application of the 1805 aftershave balm. Ah! I love the fragrance of this balm and it lingers so very well for a long time. Apart from that it does the very obvious thing really great - i.e. soothing the shaved skin and making it soft and supple.

A great 9.95/10 BBS today. Next shave is due tomorrow which will be an extra cautious one!

Thank you 🙏🏽

324CA372-97BB-4943-8813-39E49180BB6B.jpeg

E0D46D89-7212-4676-86F1-A3AA902BA216.jpeg

Top Bottom