What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

President
Nacet
Ethos Lavender
B & B Essential Boar
Thayers
Lucky Old Man

10/10
IMG_2843.jpg

Sorry Ace I grabbed your post by mistake, I meant to reply to Vaporstang about his razor gunking up from the preshave cream.

Vapor - Have you tried not using the pre shave cream to see what results you get and whether you still experience gunking on the razor ?
Long story short o sort of - I have a questionable brush that may have been causing issues. I will give it a try and see what happens. But I am pretty sure the pre-save cream is part of the issue. Thanks!

9.5/10 - BBS 3 pass shave, great combination this morning.
Razor: Razorock GC.84 OC
Blade: Rapira platinum lux (4)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua High mountain Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Fendrihan Bay rum pre-shave oil
Lather: Truefitt & Hill No.10 shaving cream
Aftershave: Myrsol Metilsol AS / Algonquin Morning AS balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200608_042508.jpg

5/8 "Raola" Van Camp Hardware & Iron Co.
B&M Cologne Russe
24mm Graydog Boar
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
Pinaud Clubman

20200608_061057.jpg

2 1/2 passes with the new razor I honed yesterday. although made in Germany.......assembled & finished in my home state!!!! shaved well and this one sings as well. not too shabby for a monday.

9.9/10

camo

Mon 8th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice nice scent from the soap. Good enough lather. Shave with razor paired with new blade. Initial feel...smooth, sharpish and comfortable. Almost did not feel the blade. Another nice blade from Czech similar to the Tiger. 3 multiple passes enough for a real close result. Rating 9/10
20200608_113912.jpg

Razor: RazoRock GC68-P
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (6)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Preshave: none
Lather: VDH Luxury
Aftershave: none

No cuts or nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very pleasant, very close shave.

Rating: 9.7/10

Daily Shave: 08 June 2020

DSCF2124.JPG

Razor
: Viking Chieftain
Prep: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Persona (# 3) 2 passes + minor buffing
Soap Proraso (Green + Red mixed) (distilled water)
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.9 / 10.0 BBS Fantastic shave with an older blade. No stubble, nicks and only one tiny weeper—old puppy nip scab removal. Leaving my lower partial out seemed to eliminate nicks and weepers between the lower lip and chin.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for men face wash
- Clinique for men face scrub
- Clinique for men exfoliating tonic
- Nuage pre-shave oil
- The Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream bowl lathered

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- L'Occitane Cap Cedrat Gel-Cream After-Shave
- Jack Black Double Duty SPF Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Big Ben Super Stainless (2)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 6.8/10
Second shave with the Big Ben Super Stainless. It performed better than its first shave (sharper and smoother), however, still felt duller and tuggier than the Wilkinson Classics I have been using. Some feedback from the Alum block and but I have not seen any irritation yet. This one won't make it to shave 3 while blade testing.

Another personal top shave. I love these shaves, just wish Williams left me feeling like Stirling. The next phase of this adventure is to try get to that by working on getting Stirling to work better for me and make Williams feel better. Side note, very different lathers. Fresh blade in the tech and loved it. Florida Water hasn't ever let me down. +9.0 score

9.3/10

KM

IMG_20200608_062448.jpg

Monday's shave vign.jpg

Today's shave starts off with GD Mallard RC soap. I received this as a sample. The brush was a SOC boar. The razor a Timeless SS SB .68 with a Personna Lab blade. The aftershave was a combo of Thayers Rose Petal WH and L'Occtaine ASB. The fragrance: Yves Saint Laurent. An excellent shave. 10/10.

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Green Permasharp Stainless (3)
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere (sample)
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Shave/Result: 3 pass WTG, ATG, and combo ATG/XTG for a great DFS. I wanted to try my sample of MDC Fougere because I feel that MDC Rose is my top soap. I’m definitely not disappointed, the Fougere performance was top notch: great scent and the slickness and protection I’ve come to expect from Martin de Candre soaps. This confirms my thought/belief that MDC is my best/favorite/desert island/apocalypse soap! I just wish that my favorite soap wasn’t so expensive, but my 2-5 soaps/creams are all reasonably priced so I’ll use that to offset the cost of my beloved MDC. Have a great day.
Tim
32BF95FC-7EB2-496E-BBBD-DF48B2DA7547.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.0/10
Soap: Moon Amaretto Speciale (scent was terrific, lather was plentiful, a tiny bit lacking in the slickness department...may have been my fault as I left it on my face for a bit as I cleaned up the bathroom sink.)
Brush: Parker badger
Razor: Fendrihan butterfly (of all of my razors, this is the most aggressive and so I have to be a bit more careful which, for me, detracts from the overall experience.)
Blade: Kai Stainless - day 1. (This blade performed well.)
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum (always outstanding!)

This shave reminded me that there is a difference in razors. Nothing wrong with the Fendrihan butterfly...in fact I got a good shave from it...but...it's no Timeless!

Kit 20200608.jpg

Razor: Gillette: 1966 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (Germany)(3)
Brush: Henri et Victoria: High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street: Jermyn Street (sensitive skin)
Aftershave: Wickham Soap Co. Club Cola (Balm)
Additional Care:
Thayers: Witch Hazel Lavender Toner
Hyaluronic Acid
Clubman: Pinauds Finest Powder
2925DC7C-DFE3-41FA-85F4-301D7782ECE8.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9/10
This is my second shave with the Slim Adjustable and Wilkinson blade. I changed the blade setting from 3 to 5, and got another super smooth carefree shave. Not quite BBS though. Under my jawline is always feat for any razor, but only detectable to my own probing fingertips, which leads me to another project.
I have always said there are no bad blades, they just have to find the proper razor. I’m finding that all of these vintage Gillette super speeds and techs are extremely gentle shavers, so I am going to break out the Feather blades that I have no real love for, and see if they may be the perfect match for these mild feeling Gillette’s. I’m thinking there might be the possibility of a yin yang relationship between them. Fingers crossed.
Still liking the post shave feel of the Pinaud Finest Powder on my face.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday today- took out my first NOS Gem 1912, Still shaves great like the day I bought it.

Razor : Gem 1912 model- Mfg in 1921 during the roaring 1920's when electrical appliances were just starting to be MFG for the citizens of world on a large scale which fueled those boom times.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) great blade for sharpness, longevity, cost and smooths out during its life cycle IMO.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore- excellent scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with the black marble handle- one of my favorites, reasonable back bone with soft tips.
Pre shave: Showered, brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser, A dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post : AVON true gent cologne with witch Hazel + AVON true gent balm :001_wub: .
Results:9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:great shave with my first Gem 1912 I bought, no regrets.

MMMonday June 8-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom