What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Awesome Shave! Rating: 10/10

Thursday May 25,2023
Brush: Semogue
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
IMG_3444.jpg

Glad to read a different blade restored enjoyment to your Henson AL13+++, @ackvil

I’ve noticed the king of enjoying Henson razors; @awk_m4 ; is often using Feather or Gillette Platinums in his loyal army of Canadian aluminum and titanium fineries and think that might explain some of his enjoyment (aside from Witchcraft and soft, scrubby brushes, of course).
That is awesome! The Henson King! I love it! @FarmerTan A new kingdom is born! At some point Arko is a soap I have to try!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Happy Birthday, @epindy1911 !

Please heal up, @Big_T

Congratulations on your first RazoRock BlackHawk V2 shave, @know1special

in September my Sledgehammer will be 2 years old!

They grow up so fast! My RazoRock “German” 37 will be two next Christmas. It was a purchase inspired by your Sledgehammer reports.

@awk_m4 , ARKO! is a blessed soap and I hope you find yourself worthy of its majesty. Smells good, too

For today’s shave trying out a new shaving cream..
TOBS Royal Forest cream
Fine Accoutrements bowl
StarCraft brush
Derby Premium Blade (1st use)
Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Razor
Interlinked aftershave splash
Nivea Sensitive balm

The TOBS Royal Forest is definitely a luxury cream. A subtle scent, very difficult to describe so I won’t even try to, it produces a lovely moist and creamy lather and it’s one of those scents and accompanying feelings that slows you down ready to enjoy a luxurious and refreshing shave. As it settles comfortably on the face using the excellent StarCraft brush you just know it’s going to be a good shave.

I love the Derby Premium blade and EJ 3ONE6 razor combination. Everything comes together then and the first pass is slick, smooth, easy. It’s like the razor is wiping away the cream and taking the beard away with it with no fuss, no nonsense. Effortless. Again, on the upward 2nd pass, it’s the same thing. Simply wiping away the cream and beard. Crunch and tickle as my whiskers succumb willingly to the blade.
A great shave then and a lovely cream to add to my collection. Very nice.

Everything topped off enjoyably with the Interlinked splash and Nivea balm. They compliment the scent of the Royal Forest cream and work very well together.

Have a great shave today. 👍😊

Score: Easy 10/10. 2 passes. BBS. No irritation whatsoever.
IMG_1623.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, May 25th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Slope slant, 316SS V2 - Mfg 2023>, mild range to mid range depending on blade used, machining and finish are adequate for my shaving needs. I always liked slant razors and this one is no exception. Kai SS blade with the Slope slant are a good combination for my shave.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(3) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Makes great Ubber lather also.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin" 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel beard cleanse + Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD May 25 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

• RazoRock SS .72 OC Lupo.
• Persona Lab Blue (1).
• Hot shower with bar soap.
• Executive Shaving preshave oil.
• Utrecht Scheerzeep soap from Holland.
• Kox Old School Scheerzeep Bergamot lathering cup.
• Simpson X2 Best Badger Commodore.
• Nivea aftershave balm for face.
• Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla aftershave lotion back of neck and chest.

What a wonderful shave the .72 OC Lupo and a new Personna Lab Blue produced this morning. A new player was pencilled into the lineup today and performed admirably. This shaving soap lathered quickly, smoothly, and smelled fantastic. Thanks again to @Guido75 for this fine gift! The judge is awarding a solid 9 with a point deducted for a nick on the lower left side of my neck. Cold water and alum remedied this spot in no time. Have a great day!
7956094B-05D4-4976-8EE3-86B25B180FBC.jpeg
B74E9F49-F526-4D2B-B5B1-1F3CDA5F598E.jpeg

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Thursday’s shave.
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate 5.
Blade: Willy’s 1st use. These came yesterday with my Pearl OC. I can’t have the razor until Father’s Day so I’ll have to settle for the blades for now.
Soap: Jikoryen stick.
Brush: Semogue boar.
Preshave: Hot rag.
Postshave: Thayers witch hazel, Proraso green aftershave, Proraso white balm.
Alum feedback. Face-low. Neck-low.
Smooth: 8.8/10
Close: 9/10
Soap: 8.5/10. Not much scent to this soap and not a good performer. I’ll take Arko any day.
IMG_6061.jpeg

20230524_222931.jpg

Brush: reknotted eveready, boar bristles in acrylic handle. Lots of scritch and makes for a very enjoyable exfoliating shave experience a few times a week.

Razor: Never Fail by never fail cutlery in horn scales

Bowl from a thrift shop seemed an appropriate choice for lathering some CC products

Venture Cream from Captains Choice @Captain Pre-Capsize
And matching aftershave

Id won a very generous giveaway recently and the Captain was kind enough to toss me a sample of the Cream since I've already got the soap that way I could contrast and compare.
The Cream really was a great performer but I give a slight edge to the soap, think the post shave feel from the soap is just a hair better on my skin.... made for a great shave all the same. Venture was a pleasant and clean scent to my nose it made for a very enjoyable shaving experience. Reminded me of something I couldn't place.

Sounds like a daring and fun first adventure

Precisely that, lol. 😝

Admittedly a bit of a gamble going straight to the unguarded blade. It was nearly too much.

In the end, very happy to have got to level terms with it..esp right out the gate.

Enjoy getting to know each other

We shall, indeed. My sense is that the Hawk will be my Ferrari 🏎️ to the Injector's Fiat 🚗. The latter is unassuming, utilitarian but steady and very predictable. The former is likely far fussier but capable of breath-taking feats if handled appropriately.

SOTD May 25th- 9/10, DFS, a quick two-pass shave today, as yesterday's shave was so close there wasn't much to shave today.

The RR Super Slant L2 was used with the RR UFO handle today and paired with a Wizamet Iridium Super blade (3), a Simpson Colonel badger brush, ARKO shave stick, and Floid The Genuine AS- delightful.

A wonderful day to you all :)

PXL_20230525_182859350.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Top Bottom