What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Saturday morning shave
Blackland Dart razor. I had such good luck with the German Israeli red that I tried it in my Dart. So far the only good shaves I got with my Dart were with the German Wilkinson.
Kapo Classic shave cream. Does the job. Plenty of lather, slickness was ok.
Maggard fan badger brush
Thayers witch hazel
Barbus aftershave
Proraso white balm
When I rinsed with cold water I already knew the alum was about to light me up and it did.
Alum feedback. Face-medium-high. Neck-high. 🔥
Plenty of blade feel. Some like it. I don’t. It’s a really nice looking razor and I want so much to love it. I see the Dart is available again. I’m sure it would be a great purchase for the folks that like more blade feel and have a tougher beard than me.
I got a really close shave especially on my neck. For that I’ll give this shave a 9/10.

8081003D-1049-46B5-8F94-B14DC5B71556.jpeg

photostudio_1669401789006.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1912 ABC Pocket Edition #503, Silver floral pattern
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Rating Ten.

Saturday morning shave
Blackland Dart razor. I had such good luck with the German Israeli red that I tried it in my Dart. So far the only good shaves I got with my Dart were with the German Wilkinson.
Kapo Classic shave cream. Does the job. Plenty of lather, slickness was ok.
Maggard fan badger brush
Thayers witch hazel
Barbus aftershave
Proraso white balm
When I rinsed with cold water I already knew the alum was about to light me up and it did.
Alum feedback. Face-medium-high. Neck-high. 🔥
Plenty of blade feel. Some like it. I don’t. It’s a really nice looking razor and I want so much to love it. I see the Dart is available again. I’m sure it would be a great purchase for the folks that like more blade feel and have a tougher beard than me.
I got a really close shave especially on my neck. For that I’ll give this shave a 9/10.

View attachment 1562684
Have you ever used a Blackbird?I've heard the Dart is an amazing razor really close is it as close as the Backbird.More comfortable?That's what i wan't to know 🤣

@JCarr -get well soon!

Saturday, a quick one-pass shave this morning as there was not much growth after yesterday's great shave, no issues, rating DFS, 9/10:

Razor: Fatboy- set on 7
Blade: Eddison (2)- a typically nice Personna Israeli blade
Lather: Cella Red
Brush: Zenith P2 boar

Be well and enjoy the remaining weekend :)

PXL_20221126_193517362.PORTRAIT.jpg

Yesterday's shave:

Stando rose wood with G5A knot | Tatara Muramasa | Rapira Swedish Supersteel | The Goodfellas' Smile wooden bowl | Zingari Man The Watchman | Pitralon Classic

10/10
It was my first shave with Rapira Swedish Supersteel blade and I was suprised by the result. On first pass it felt smooth, but not too efficient. After three passes I still had some rough spots felt ATG, so I proceeded with some clean ups. When I was using alum and AS there was zero feedback which was suprising to me. Usually when I spend some time on clean ups chasing this BBS there is at least tiny sting in my trouble spots. I'm not going to complain 😃 I'll see how the blade performs next time. Too soon to tell, but maybe I've found another blade that works for me.

2022-11-25 13.01.29.jpg

💈SOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.35 WRH 3/7 // Wholly Kaw Timmermann Black Soap and Splash // Paladin Ichabod 26mm Disco // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp // TF Oud Wood
75B43FEC-56BC-4A01-97FB-C6294ECF78A7.jpeg

💯/💯
😍🐺😎🐺🙌

No shave yesterday out of sheer laziness and because Mrs. Bots and I went out to cut down and haul our Christmas tree as per our tradition. Spent the rest of the day getting out all the holiday decor!

Todays shave mowing down 48hrs of growth was an absolute pleasure!

Variant Shave

4 days growth

Pre-Shave:

- Hot Shower
- Proraso Crema Pre Barba Rinfrescante
(I)

Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian Badger, 22 mm Knot (UK): only 22 mm, yet on face it feels like having a much broader diameter. Excellent backbone and flow-through. Soft on tips. The fan loft and the long handle makes it ideal to build a lather on face. It did it really fast! Beautiful brush!

Soap: Palmolive cream tube (I) -
Cheap and efficient. I use this long run classic also for making some hand palm swirls when I'm breaking new brushes.

SR: Parker Variant (INDIA) -

This is the Parker copy of the Merkur Progress 500/510. When one looks at the heads one sees the similarity. Just the grooves from the base plate show smaller differences.
Yet the handle of the Variant has a diamond knurling and it's much more grippy. Also the shaving is very similar: excellent.
To have one or another (or both like me) it's a question of taste. I like better the Merkur because it's more stylish and walks along with its old tradition.
The Variant has a marked audio feedback that can guide one thru correcting the shaving angle.

Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, "Green" (RUS) - this is a nice shaving blade, smooth, efficient, forgiving and in the mid range of durability. I took a brand new one out of the box. It performed outstandingly.

Aftershave:

- Cutoline Alum-block (P) - mild feedback
- Rituals... After Shave Refreshing Gel (GER)
- Brut Aftershave Splash (on neck, chest and hair)

The Shave:

What a Great BBS Shave: 10/10
A fast one.
No nicks, no cuts.
Mild Irritation which went away soon.

1st Pass - Set 3 WTG.

2nd Pass - Set 3,5 XTG from East to West on Face, ATG on Neck.

3rd Pass - Set 4 ATG all over, except the mustache and chin areas where I got XTG from West to East.

No pickups needed.

Attachments

• 20221126_193919.jpg
    20221126_193919.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20221126_194124.jpg
    20221126_194124.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20221126_202113.jpg
    20221126_202113.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Very curious how she compares to the Timeless 95 Butch. I think I will save all year and do a big dip next year’s Black Friday with lots and lots of shaving goodies!!

Guido
Hello there Guido! Too early for me to make a definitive comparison at this stage, but I can indeed declare they compliment each other very well to date. Both deliver a very smooth yet efficient shave. I still need to use several different blades with the Gamechanger, but I can indeed tell a very slight difference using the Bic blades for both razors. The Timeless .95 leaves absolutely Zero stubble while the GC requires just a touch more buffing in certain areas, but nothing serious. Take care and have a very nice Sunday!

My Saturday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower. Three days growth​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
One pass shave: WTG/XTG​
Razor: N Schreiber & Sons 917 Red-Point 11/16 Hollow​
Pre-Shave: None
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme w/ Shea Butter​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme After Shave Balm w/ Shea Butter​
8.2/10

Top Bottom