What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

hard plastic that feels quite comfortable. it was in good shape.....opened out of an old bubble pack. let me.nnow if someone find the missing scripto!!!!

View attachment 1087945

camo
Thanks - plastic is good news...I've had cart handles with rubber that degraded after a few years. I've got a recently delivered bullet tip flying wing and a g bar that come out of quarantine this weekend. I've never used GEM razors before, so wish me luck.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Friday April 17th 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant -MFG 2017> takes some skill with a light touch with good results!
Blade : Voskhod (6) seems to work excellent with the Wunderbar.
Soap: Tabac- I like this soap but others seem to shy from the scent. :001_tt2:
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle- one of my favorites!
Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + clean up.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea Men balm.
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:great shave and hit my sweet spot target!

SOTD, April 17th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday's Shave 1.jpg

A sunny, beautiful day in Arizona.

Friday's shave continues with Grooming Department Asinus. This time with a Bigelow Super Badger brush. I don't see this brush much on B&B but it is one great brush. Good backbone and soft as a feather on the face. The razor is a Rockwell S with the 4 plate and loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. The aftershave is my usual Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Neutrogena Triple Protect. After my shower, some Yves Saint Laurent.

A perfect shave: 10/10.

Have a great day and weekend, B&Bers.

Razor: Gillette nickel replated New Short Comb ball end 1930s
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger (I forget what model)
Soap: Williams
Rating: 10.

The Treet DuraSharp blade rusted on me overnight (since I left some undetected soap residue on the blade), so I had to discard it after one shave. The good news is that I replaced it with a GSB blade and achieved an irritation-free BBS, so I am turning to a positive opinion of this New SC razor type.

I don't know if today's great results relative to my last New SC shave are due to the GSB blade, the switch to Williams soap from Tabac (Williams is slicker for me), or my slightly different shave angle (I moved away from riding the cap). Whatever the cause, I am not complaining.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200417

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!
shave 20200417.jpg

Razor: GEM G-Bar
Blade: GEM Personna (1)
Brush: Epsilon 24mm Horse Hair Fan
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Post-shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave Balm: Bath and Bodyworks Hyaluronic Acid Gel
Aftershave: Floid
Cologne: Havana

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

The GEM G-Bar shave is very similar to the GEM Featherweight Deluxe - a little different feel in the hand. Great shave. Comfortable and efficient.

First shave using the Epsilon 24mm Horse Hair Fan. Nice to have a horse hair brush with some backbone! :)

YMMV

Today's shave: 04/17/2020
Razor: Razorock Game Changer 0.84 SB
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Badger
Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock Yellow (14)
Soap: Erasmic
AS: Alum rub & Pinaud Clubman AS
Rating: 9
Comments:
Great Shave! I couldn't believe this close shave on the 14th use!!

Razorock Game Changer 0.84 SB
proxy.php

proxy.php

Razor - Game Changer .68
Blade - 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush - Razorock Bruce
Soap - Arko
Post - Alum
A.S. Splash - Ogallala lime and peppercorn bay rum

Shave rating - 9

This razor and blade are both growing on me, pretty much zero feedback from the alum today at all. First try with a bay rum A.S., this one is a winner for sure.

Sat 18th SOTD
Pre shave oil
Soap Colonel Conk Bayrum
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Omega Boar
Razor Shavette
Blade Euromax Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Nice lather but hardly smell the bayrum. Make a not so thick lather for shavette rather just slick enough. Shave with shavette and blade was good, smooth and sharpish. 3pasa WTG, XTG & ATG. It went well on 2pass but on 3rd pass a momentary finger lapse cause a fine lined nick right under the chin. Post & aftershave was good. A SAS to CCF results with rating of 8/10. Nice to practice using a shavette once in awhile.
20200418_100847.jpg

20200418_104551.jpg

'19 GEM Damaskeene
Pella/Personna GEM (3)
B&M Cologne Russe
B&M 22mm Synth

20200418_094720.jpg

another new scent today.... I like it very much but think the scent strength is toned down considerably (compared to others in B&M's lineup) on this one. but could be me. the Dammy never fails to produce a close shave!!!!!

9.8/10

camo

Top Bottom