What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

full cold water shave today, 30 degrees C here in southern China. must be honest must be the most irritation free shaves I've ever had. cheap Chinese razor razor too $3US including blades, razor is similar to a tech in design. pics included when I can't accurately desribe, razor, blades, annd toner

Pre shave: cold face wash and cold rinse
Soap Body shop Macca root & Aloe
Bowl cheap wooden
Brush Yaki synthetic Sagrada famiia
Razor Gillette tech-ish copy
Blade Gillette Super blue made in China
Post & Aftershave my wifes 'mushroom' toner followed by Proraso green AS splash

10/10

Attachments

• WechatIMG7.jpeg
    WechatIMG7.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 3
Today's shave: 04/18/2020
Razor: Ikon SBS on Maggard Handle
Brush: Simpsons Beaufort B4 Pure Badger
Blade: Feather (6)
Soap: Razorock XXX
AS: Alum rub & Pinaud Clubman AS
Rating: 7
Comments:
After a long time I am using this one and the shave was ok.
Probably the shave would have been better with a new blade! :)

Ikon SBS on Maggard Handle
proxy.php

proxy.php

Razor: Gillette nickel replated New Short Comb ball end 1930s
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Williams
Rating: 9.5

First use of the Razorock brush this evening. Seems to hold more water than natural badger, so I should have shaken off more water before using: the lather was a little too watery. Still a great shave, but some slight irritation.

Sun 19th SOTD
Preshave Oil
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Postshave
Ice Water + Special Thayers mix
Load from soap and face lather. Nice brush for doing that. Good lather result. Nice orangy scent. Shave with this razor paired with the blade was excellent. A really good razor that's cheap but smooth and efficient too. Should use more often. 3+1pass WTG, XTG, ATG & some buffing. Wow shave today...BBS to DFS results today! Ice water rinse followed by special Thayers. Rating is 9.7/10
20200419_110149.jpg

20200419_113213.jpg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Preshave with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol
Lather: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Shaving Soap with eucalyptus oil and menthol + Cremo Original

No issues.
Pleasant shave
Rating: 9.2/10

8.5/10 - excellent lather with a great soap and brush, no nicks or irritation.
Razor: Parker 76R
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock (0)
Brush: 26mm DS cosmetic S/L brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Saponificio Varesino – Dolomiti
Aftershave: Royall Spyce All Purpose Lotion / Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200418_071700.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Once a week at least I like to get one of my Schick injector razors out of the racks for this tradition and today is no different than with my Schick Adjustable injector model 3(M3). This razor is a marvel to shave with and results are stellar like usual.

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- MFG 1970-72 -Great razor to zero in on your type of shave- setting 3!
Blade : Personna injector (9) great blade, very sharp and keeps a edge while sitting idle over time IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- I just enjoy using this soap because it has great lather qualities and scent.
Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic.Great brush I have used for the last 3 years.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post : Razorock King Louis aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea men balm.
Results:10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small blemish weeper = :a17: excellent very close shave, it does not get better for myself.

Sunday shave, April 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Shave 1.jpg

A second day of using Klar Seifen soap. The brush today is a B&B LE 2011. Rudy Vey made this brush and it does an excellent job. The razor is my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade that has been used four times. The aftershave is Thayers WH and Pinaud Clubman. After a shower, some Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

A great shave. 10/10.

Have a great Sunday.

Yesterday I was traveling in an austere environment so I did a single pass, dry shave (no water available) SAS with my Timeless Bronze SB 0.38.
So today back in civilization I pampered myself.
Timeless Bronze SB 0.38
Voshkod (1)
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Omega 20102
Thayers WH Aloe
Clubman
Great combo! Always results in a comfortable shave and my face needed the FAT love
BBS cheeks
DFS + everywhere else

GREAT Sunday shave. Only issue is spot from that blade yesterday. Went back to a DE with a fresh yellow Gillette blade. It gave me a great shave only an issue on the spot on my neck. Great post shave feel 4 hours later. Even the wife looked up and felt and said how great it feels. That's a win.

8.8/10

KM

IMG_20200419_083654.jpg

Top Bottom