What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Gillette Slim (N2 1968)
Blade: Lord Super Stainless (6)
Brush: Ever-Ready 150
Soap: Williams Shave Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Rate: 9.5

Three pass shave WTG/ATG. DFS/BBS

20200324_171030.jpg

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: GSB
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mickey Lee Soapworks "The Kraken"
Aftershave: Stirling "Barbershop"
Rating: 9.5/10

First shave with the Krona, so for everything else I used what I know works well. Twas a great shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200416

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!
shave 20200415.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914
Blade: CVS branded GEM Personna (6 and retired)
Brush: @Graydog 26mm Full Moon
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Post-shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave Balm: Bath and Bodyworks Hyaluronic Acid Gel
Aftershave: Pitralon

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS+ with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

The Ever-Ready 1914 is a very nice change-up. The shave is similar to the GEM Junior 1912 - a bit more blade feel. Great shave. Comfortable and efficient. Very pleased with the result.

The @Graydog 26mm Full Moon is a wonderful brush. It just does everything right. Really right. :)

YMMV

Today's shave: 04/16/2020
Razor: Wolfman WR1 OC 0.67
Brush: Art of Shaving Badger
Blade: Iridium Super (5)
Soap: Arko
AS: Alum rub & English Leather AS
Rating: 10
Comments:
Wow! What a razor!! Great Shave! I think the Wolfman and Iridium Super combination is one of the best!!
This a beautiful razor!

Wolfman WR1 OC 0.67

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Fri 17th SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Red Tip
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Alum + Special Thayers Mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Another terrific soap from PAA. Use a small spoon to scrape just abit into bowl and start lathering. Really nice refreshing scent and good thick creamily slick lather result!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was good. Smooth and sharpish throughout the few passes. 3+1passes WTG, XTG, ATG & buffing. So comfortable were the passes and got caught with some carelessness. 2 tinny weepers resulted. Alum stopped that but otherwise no other stings follow by Thayers and WhiskyWood. A DFS close to BBS with rating 9/10!
20200417_071357.jpg

20200417_074449.jpg

Have a good weekend all...
Happy shaves and stay safe..

'58 - '65 GEM Push Button
Pella/Personna GEM(2)
B&M Lyssa
B&M 22mm Synth

20200417_060659.jpg

first go with the PB. my impression is that it is a smooth and efficient shaver. to me it seems to lend itself to riding the cap better than a lot of the models. I like the heavy head vs light handle ratio. the designing of the carriage underneath the head is vaguely similar to how the micromatics look.....it almost wanted to be one. wonderful shave and soap. if you haven't watched the YouTube Lyssa video....do so.

9.8/10

camo

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Preshave with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol
Lather: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Shaving Soap with eucalyptus oil and menthol + Cremo Original
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No issues.
Pleasant shave
Rating: 9.5/10

Razor: weshi - tto short handle
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock yellow (1)
Brush: 25mm synthetic tuxedo knot, green resin handle (may have a name but unsure)
Pre-Shave: Muji face wash
Lather: Boots shave stick
Postshave: Thayer's witch hazel with cucumber followed by AS/ Proraso green splash

A little bit of another vintage shave for me. Day 2 on this blue carbon blade, it feels tuggy and will be moving it to the 1912. 30 min post shave and the wife just walked by and said I smell like dusty old man. So the special reserve is working perfect. 90% of my face feels exactly how you would want it.

8.4/10

KM

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200417061853871_COVER.jpg

'58 - '65 GEM Push Button
Pella/Personna GEM(2)
B&M Lyssa
B&M 22mm Synth

View attachment 1087918

first go with the PB. my impression is that it is a smooth and efficient shaver. to me it seems to lend itself to riding the cap better than a lot of the models. I like the heavy head vs light handle ratio. the designing of the carriage underneath the head is vaguely similar to how the micromatics look.....it almost wanted to be one. wonderful shave and soap. if you haven't watched the YouTube Lyssa video....do so.

9.8/10

camo
Question about the pushbutton: is that plastic or rubber on the handle?

Top Bottom