What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Thank you Guido, Arbor man, Thombrogan, Buflow, Butchwax and Renorichard for your kind wishes.
Unfortunatly things got a little worse before getting better. Antibiotics started as of today, should clear everything up sooner than later.

Meanwhile I received my new Yates 921-M machined razor and did a small comparison between it and a Rockwell 6c.

Tldr: yates 921-m > Rockwell 6 in efficiency, design and use.

april_2022-10-04-15-12-36-757.jpg

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (3)
Brush: EverReady 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender (shave stick)
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 10/10 - Even though I made a terrible lather, it goes to show how slick and protective Mike's soaps are.

💈SOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.35 WRH 3/7 // ETHOS Succès Soap and Splash // Simpson M7 Manchurian // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp
793145E0-A244-4E5C-BFC5-A7B95A42F665.jpeg

💯/💯
🐺😍🐺😎🙌

Wonderful Wednesday shave!

I think that this soap/splash is officially number 1 current favorite in my rotation! Boom crowned 👑 #1!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Black Supply SE
Blade: Supply Black Label (3)
Soap/Cream: Tabac (Grated stick into a soap tub)
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery Travel Shave Bowl
Brush: Semogue Tangerine Handle SOC Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, no weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice lather, cushion good and residual slickness good. Lather much better than I could ever get using it as a stick. Yet again two red spots that didn't bleed, but gave them a quick swipe with an Alum Stick to be on the safe side. Overall a nice shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Keep practicing with the Lupo .95 OC….
You will not regret it!
The Lupo safety bar bottom plate is a nice change up once in a while with the .72 or .95, should be a little less aggressive I'm thinking. I really enjoy the Lupo.72 and was thinking about the .95OC and glade your enjoying it.
My Lupo.72 just checks all my boxes for a solid razor that will last my lifetime with some care & enjoyable to use.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, OCtober 5th, 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 head- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, excellent design for under the nose and scalloped safety bar makes good for steep angle shaving, excellent machining and finish QC also + a joy to use.
Blade : Gillette Nacet (4) Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Very good blade IMO.
Soap : Razorock Fresco XXX:001_wub: cream, nice unique clean scent very similar to regular XXX but has some menthol + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Bali 24 mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator , heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Fresco XXX:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD October 5 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Noble Otter Monarch
Brush
Graydog Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am using my Wolfman loaded with a Personna Med Prep blade for the fourth day in a row I used a very light touch and the result was a BBS shave with zero irritation. Today’s brush is the Graydog synthetic – a nice, large brush that feels nice on the face. Another nice shave with no issues to report. Have a good day, folks.

Pre: Shower
Razor: Yaqi Beast
Blade: Astra SP plus KCG
Soap: Tallowed Tabac
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip

Rate 10-

First shave with the Yaqi Beast. This razor is sold with this name, but was not designed by Yaqi. A shaver combined the top and bottom plate of two Yaqi razor. The extreme aggression of this head became so popular Yaqi decided to sell this Frankenhead as a seperate product, adopting the name shavers had given it. A great example of cooperation between clients and a company.

Yaqi did design some freaky aggressive razors and I have them and love them. Once handled the right way they deliver an excellent close and comfortable shave. But treat them badly and they will rip chunks from your face.
This Beast lacks the comfort the Yaqi designed razors offer. At least during my first shave with it. The beard shave was superb, using an Astra SP. I have no idea why, but the blade felt rough and tugged when I started the head shave. I decided to load a sharper blade, a KCG. It worked better, but not entirely to my satisfaction. I will have to use this Beast more often, with different blades to form a final opinion on it. A Nacet might be the right blade in it, but we'll see.
Please note: this head is probably not suitable for novices, but a more advanced shaver could give it a try. I'm sure you'll learn from it. Maybe the hard way.

004AAB90-93C1-4BA0-8582-577ACDFFFFC0.jpeg

Wednesday's shave -

Razor: Razorine Flatboy (with Razorock UFO handle)
Blade: RK Stainless
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Pre-shave: Proraso white
Soap: WSP Blackbeard

It seems the Flatboy is finicky about blade alignment: Looks like if the handle is tightened too much the blade "bows" down in the middle. (A design flaw in the head, perhaps?) In any case I tightened the handle "just enough" to tighten the razor but not enough to bow the blade. (Seems I shouldn't have to do that...) In any case the Flatboy gives a pretty good shave. I will give the Flatboy some more shaves but I would say it isn't quite as efficient as the R41 and Dart: I had to go do a little buffing in a couple of spots. But the Flatboy gives a lot of audible feedback and is fun to shave with. Rating: 9.4/10.

October 5th shave- a great two and one half-passer with a little buffing resulted in a 10-/10, BBS- shave; no irritation, no mishaps, just delightful:

Razor: Feather AS-D2- which came first the razor or the blade?
Blade: Feather DE (2)- just fine
Lather: SV Manna de Sicilia- easy, peasy to lather and quite nice
Brush: Zenith 506 unbleached boar, olivewood- this brush is performing really well, but it is taking the longest time to lose its boar smell; I've been leaving it on a windowsill next to an open window and in the sun, and that's helping

May your next shave be your best shave!

PXL_20221005_162639335.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20221005_085658.jpg
Razor: Gillette Gillette Super Speed 1956
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum 🇬🇷 (2)

Brush: AP ShaveCo Silksmoke Blue Lagoon
Soap: Stirling Boat Drinks ⛵
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Pre shave: Thick lather scrub
Aftershave: Speick Active 🌿
Finish Scent: Stirling Alighieri AS

Like a deep breath of relief.
Shaving with this soap has become a homecoming in my shaving routines. I really enjoy Boat Drinks like no other soap.
The Super Speed is a comfort as well.
Rating: 10/10 BBS

Date night with the misses called for a quick and safe BBS shave. Two passes with my Hybrid Tech and an Astra SP (3 or 4 shaves) around my mouth and chin followed by two passes with my Ikon B1 Standard and a 7 O'clock Black (4 shaves) over the rest of my face and neck did a great job. 10/10, but I might change the blades before I use them again. Happy days!

Proraso red cream and my Evil Zebra 26 made easy work of the lathering, as always.

Top Bottom