What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Third session with the Lupo 95 OC. I picked up a few more nicks today along with a bit of an odd Perma sharp experience ATG (notes in Lupo 95 OC thread). I think much of this was attributed to going fast. This razor inspires confidence, and I probably tooks things a little too casual today. Still an overall wonderful BBS as I continue to enjoy this razor. I am planning to shave back to back with it through Saturday, to see if I end up with any cumulative irritation. But so far so good.

Overall Score: 9.5/10

RAZOR: RazoRock Lupo 95 [OC]
BLADE: Perma-sharp [1]
BRUSH: AP Shave Co 24mm G5C
LATHER: Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool

lupo95oc.jpeg

Third session with the Lupo 95 OC. I picked up a few more nicks today along with a bit of an odd Perma sharp experience ATG (notes in Lupo 95 OC thread). I think much of this was attributed to going fast. This razor inspires confidence, and I probably tooks things a little too casual today. Still an overall wonderful BBS as I continue to enjoy this razor. I am planning to shave back to back with it through Saturday, to see if I end up with any cumulative irritation. But so far so good.

Overall Score: 9.5/10

RAZOR: RazoRock Lupo 95 [OC]
BLADE: Perma-sharp [1]
BRUSH: AP Shave Co 24mm G5C
LATHER: Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool

View attachment 1499458

Is that brush handle blue? I think I received that same handle design yesterday with a 24mm silksmoke knot.
Are you the one who beat me to the draw on an APShave Sunday drop two or three weeks ago? 🤣

Beautiful razor... my OC version should be here by Monday hopefully.

Razor: Lupo 95 SB
Blade: Minora Stainless (4)
Brush: APShaveCo Silksmoke
Soap: Declaration Grooming Original
AS: Stirling Baker Street

Quick two-pass before work, nice and smooth gave me an easy 9/10.
Pushed on time, no photo. I may break out the old Spoiler blades for tomorrow, time for some variety.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks to some of you, the Lupo.95OC is climbing up the list of moderately priced, efficient and smooth DE razors. I have a lot of shaving to do before I take that next step.

I know , I know…….this is B&B and moderation is forbidden. It’s GRUME or rabbit hole…The odds aren’t in my favor.

I'm about 1300 miles from home on this week-long "train the trainer" electrical gig we instructors do annually at the University of Michigan. It's from Sunday to Saturday and I brought my DE Merkur.

Todays shave (and yesterdays, and yesterdays, and yesterdays. . .)

Merkur DE
Handsoap
Shower
No mirror
BUT!! I brought my Wood & Lather 100 ml bottle of balm.

So I'm making it through, but I appreciate how spoiled I've become, how much I miss SR shaving, and how much I miss frequenting these boards instead of classes for 9 hours a day.

When I get home the order of events will be
1. Kiss the wife
2. Shave proper-like.
If this were me, the LOTH would require that #2 came before #1 :biggrin1:

Is that brush handle blue? I think I received that same handle design yesterday with a 24mm silksmoke knot.
Are you the one who beat me to the draw on an APShave Sunday drop two or three weeks ago? 🤣

Beautiful razor... my OC version should be here by Monday hopefully.
It is blue, and I think the designs are very close from what I recall ( I saw your unboxing post). Mine was actually from AP Shave's retailer exclusive line in a G5C fan. The Razor Company and I think one or two other are carrying them with a few different knot variations, but I believe the G5Cs are sold out.
Nothing wrong with a few more on the forum :) It's pretty much my exclusive these days. Enjoy your new brush!

It is blue, and I think the designs are very close from what I recall ( I saw your unboxing post). Mine was actually from AP Shave's retailer exclusive line in a G5C fan. The Razor Company and I think one or two other are carrying them with a few different knot variations, but I believe the G5Cs are sold out.
Nothing wrong with a few more on the forum :) It's pretty much my exclusive these days. Enjoy your new brush!

That's the same place I stumbled across mine. I didn't even know they had those two retailers until I noticed it on the APShave web site. I'm glad I found it with the silksmoke ( been jonesin to try that knot) but I found a color shot of yours earlier in the thread and it looks great with that G5c knot... beautiful brush.

cheers

Glad you rounded that down Nick!

And thanks for the tip on the cream. I used Lavanda while travelling and I wanted to steer clear of canned foam. This might be a good alternative - also judging from the score. As the cream is soapless and perhaps more oily, how did it affect your Karve in terms of rinsing et cetera?

Thanks,

Guido
Good question! I would have thought it would clog up the razor or be difficult to rinse, but a quick rinse under running water was always good enough. It's not an oily product, in my opinion. It's fairly "wet," like a yogurt consistency, and dissolves readily enough in water. It doesn't really foam up under the process of working into the beard, so if you want a visual cue for where you've shaved so far, you don't really get that from this stuff. I work it in starting out a bit dry, and then keep adding water to get a nicely hydrated result. Hope this helps.

tempImagear4oCH.jpg

Brush: 26mm SynBad
Lather: Wholly Kaw Lav Sublime
Blade: Feather ProGuard (8)
Razor: Vector

Since I cut a full pass off my shave, I'm getting more longevity out of this blade, I can tell.

The Wholly Kaw (first use) was very difficult to bowl-load, since it has a dry consistency and tends to be grainy when you are trying to smear it into a bowl. That said, the scent was good and the lather was fine, if a bit thin/light for my preferences. A good shave resulted, though, with no injuries, irritation, or post-shave sensitivity. A BBS- for the first time in a few days. This would be a better soap to load right off a full sized puck, I'm sure. Let's call it a 9.6/10.

I was just wondering about polishing the aluminum. I saw a video posted recently about using Flitz and a hand drill! It looks doable and about my speed

But you bring up a good point, Thom: will it remove the color? I think an email to Chris at Karve is in order.
[Edit: email sent, I'll post here when answered.]
I use flitz and a cotton buffing wheel on my dremel. Especially when rehabbing vintage razors.

Reactions: Kix
Date
05.08.2022 Fatip Friday
Main Focus:5/31 Days in GRUME (16.1% competed and still in)
214/217 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors Summer
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
All Aventus August
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Cream:TGS Amber Fougere
Aftershave:Floïd’s The Genuine
Balm:Nivea Balm
Bowl:Proraso tub / Face lather
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) slanted
ATG (S-N) slanted

Touch up XTG (W-E) slanted
Razor:Fatip Special Edition OC
Blade:KCG (18)
Rating:10/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Ahhh…shaving bliss with my beloved Special Edition open comb and a smooth 18th run for this blade. Two passes was all it took and I liked it so much I did the touch up pass anyway.

Notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11874001

Blade: Shark Super Stainless (8)
Brush: Semogue 1800
Razor: 1961 Gillette Fatboy
Soap: Razorock Emperor
Post shave: Razorock Emperor AS.

20220804_190941-01-01.jpeg

In order to co-participate in the Fatboy Friday thread I loaded a Shark Super Stainless (8) into my trustworthy Fatboy this a.m. and crancked her up on setting 9 wtg and 6 atg. A beautiful and efficient shave followed, as easy as a bbs shave on 18 hours worth of growth can be. No nicks or irritation, though the life span of this Shark (blade) might have come to an end today...😀

A wonderful shave, though.
10/10.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Fri 5 SOTD
Soap Stirling Black Cherry
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 4th
Aftershave Spice Original Splash
The lather qualities from the soap are just impeccable...the scent is nice albeit light. Matched well with the splash.
This shave with the blade in the razor was not so good. Not so smooth and efficient. Managed 3passes without issues for a sas result. The blade will be ditched. Rating 9/10
20220805_134314.jpg

Top Bottom