What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Karve CB SB-E
Blade: Minora Stainless
Brush: Omega Badger
Soap: DG Original
A/S: Stetson

Two passes and a light touch with the brass Karve. Drama free, smooth and no irritation. An easy DFS+.

9/10 and Chester Approved 😺

imageedit_12_9904183434.jpg

Friday a sweet, easy two-pass shave, 9/10, DFS, no mishaps:

Razor: English Flat-Bottom Tech, thin handle
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp blue (1)- received this amongst a PIF courtesy of member @Paulford- thanks so much! I can't recall ever using any Treet blades and this one was fine, not overly sharp, quite easy to use; maybe the Tech razor helped
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 in Best
Post-shave: Clubman AS, I use Clubman hair gel almost daily, so I guess most days are Clubman days

Have a great weekend!

PXL_20220114_184857838.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Razor: Razorock Game Changer .68
Blade: Treet Platinum Stainless Steel (1)
Brush: Simpson Sovereign synthetic
Soap: La Toja stick
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Aftershave: Pre de Provence
Growth: 24 hours
Passes: WTG, ATG, cleanup
Rating: 9/10

First use ever of a Treet blade. Unfair to draw conclusions based on one shave, yet must say it was smooth and mild. Binned it since I had to go through TSA… BTW, TSA agent said he appreciated that I let him know the razor was safe, without a blade. Good to know there is something we can do to make their job easier.

Attachments

• CF5792C7-568C-4709-93E9-1AB79C32D9D1.jpeg
    CF5792C7-568C-4709-93E9-1AB79C32D9D1.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 3
I know this is the third day in a row I have shaved but just needed a bit of cheering up and I wanted to 'clean up the mess' left by my Gillette Fusion and Merkur blades (boo).

My 39c Sledgehammer with the Nacet blade
My standard Amazon shaving soap
Alum block and the Brut Splash-on Shaving Lotion.

WTG and ATG passes only as my beard was already rather short.

Welcome back old friend Nacet! Missed you! Thanks for providing your usual supremely comfortable and smooth shave! The soap was pretty good though the lather could have been slightly better, but no biggie. It was slick enough and lasted throughout the shave.

As usual the Nacet takes the gold medal for being ever so supremely comfortable and smooth. To be honest the shave was DFS rather than BBS as I know the Sledgehammer prefers a thicker beard. My beard was rather sparse prior to the shave but still ended up with really good results.

I doubt I'll ever find a blade which is better than the Nacet. It is such a superb blade.

Here is the verdict:

Blade sharpness 10/10 (Just right. Not too sharp or mild. Glides through hair without pulling)
Blade smoothness 10/10 (Supremely comfortable. No harshness or irritation at all)
Soap lather quality 8/10 (Could be better but still very good)
Shave quality 8/10 (Due to my beard being sparse was DFS but still excellent)

Overall score 9/10

Jason.

- Brush: Simpson Tulip 3 Super
- Razor: Razorock Hawk 3
- Blade: Feather ProGuard (5)
- Soap: Stirling Green
- Aftershave: Stirling Green
- Scent: RL Polo Green

Holy crap this soap and AS is strong! By far the strongest scented soap and AS I have ever used. One spray of Polo Green on top and my whole house smells like a 1985 high school dance. 😱 Good stuff though and smells a lot like vintage Polo. The Tulip 3 is finally opening up and is quickly becoming one of my favourite brushes.

The Razorock Hawk 3 is a solid stainless SE razor and is very reasonably priced. Matches well with the ProGuard.

Nice smooth BBS shave.

9.5/10

D07D2A90-0E7B-4F48-966C-62E57B5E2E13.jpeg

Last edited:
Started with my hot shower prep, using a hot cloth on my face. Then I got my arko puck and Wilkinson Sword badger brush and made an amazing lather where I was able to enjoy a nice warm 3 pass shave for a bbs shave from my Rockwell R1 and Derby green blade.
Finished with Proraso white after shave.
20220114_071739_HDR.jpg

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Henson Al13 Medium. I usually have a razor rotation but I am really liking this Henson
Blade: Personna Lab Blue. This blade is excellent in the Henson.

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolmiti

Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Balm Stirling unscented balm.

Aftershave: Fine Santal Absolut

Stately BBS.

Brush: Rudy Vey “Beehive Butterscotch Swirl “ 28mm Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip, this is my favorite handle that Rudy made for me the detail in the beehive was very time consuming to do by hand, only a true artist could have done it this well.

Blade: Timor (5)
Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl
Soap: Ethos Colonia
Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm, w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented Skin Food

E7537623-212A-4569-8B89-18240BE14EEF.jpeg

La Toja shaving cream
Burma-Shave boar brush
1965 Gillette Super Speed razor
Super Max Blue Diamond razor blade
Bootlegger’s Lime Bay Rum

Two pass shave on face. Three on neck. Smooth, but I noticed my right cheek was smoother than my left. That’s the second time I’ve noticed this. Weird.

I used my first brush today, a Burma-Shave brush from the grocery store. It’s only the second time I’ve used it in the last ten years, because it’s junk. I couldn’t believe it didn’t shed any hairs, because they came out in small clumps before. My Parker and Simpson both lost hairs this week.

Score: 9.91/10
F0AF555A-32C9-4F0E-82A4-420F4D3823DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Fatip Friday Jan 14, 2022

Razor:
Fatip Grande Chrome Open Comb - drive for show & putt for dough
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5) - grip it & rip it
Brush: CVS Blade Boar Brush, 24mm - just be the ball, be the ball, be the ball
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream - tee it high, let it fly
Soap: Haslinger Sheep Milk Shaving Soap - he shoots, he scores!
Aftershave: Skin Bracer Duke, Duke Cannon A/S Balm - whatcha gonna do when mentholmania runs wild on you!
Growth: 74 hours
Passes: rough, bunker, caddyshack, clubhouse
Rating: 10/10 - it's in the hole! it's in the hole!

Results: Comfortable & close shave with Haslinger Sheep Milk Shaving Soap. Peaky & creamy lather. Loves water, slick, very good cushion and protection. Excellent post shave skin feel, moisturized. The Fatip Grande & the Gillette Nacet delivered a BBS result. No tugging, no nicks, no cuts, no irritation & no beard. Great Shave!

IMG_20220113_111826242.jpg

tempImagejsADfA.jpg

Brush: 24mm Faux Horse
Lather: MdC Agrumes -- 5th and final shave from the sample
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (6)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Post: Thayer's, Captain's Choice Venture, and Stirling Gentleman EdT

A pretty good shave today; no injuries but some visible irritation. BBS- results. I thought I might get a couple more shaves out of this sample but I load heavy. I liked it, and now I'll go back to some Stirling favorites to compare. Rating: 9.5/10.

Sat 15 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood Splash
Nice enough soap with a good scent, slight cooling, and a lather that's creamy and slick enough...
Good enough shave too with the razor and blade combination. 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Good cooling aftershaves.
Rating 10/10!
20220115_115540.jpg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R89 RoseGold
Blade: Astra SP (D1)
Brush: Stirling 24mm 2-Band Synthetic
Soap : Valobra Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT Original AS Lotion
Rating : 9.73/10 :pipe:

Close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Top Bottom