What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre: Proraso cypress and Vetyver
Brush: AP Shave Co cashmere
Lather: La Toja
Blade: Gem stainless (3?)
Razor: Gem
Rating: 9+

Not sure if this qualifies for MICROMATIC MONDAY but it’s a Gem. Super shave cause La Toja is great stuff and Speick is magic. 👌🏽

D7665313-BB39-43C0-9484-A686C8A72869.jpeg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA CaD, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Red Baron Silver tip Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorTimeless Slim OC, USA 🇺🇸
BladeVoskhod, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragranceTom Ford Tobacco Vanille, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10
Too funny, I actually thought this was an ad, it looks so good. I automatically ignored it, like I do to the over abundance of seriously annoying ads I‘m constantly avoiding. It’s happened before in reverse where an ad gets incorporated into someone’s post and I wonder why razor restoration turns into how to keep your mouth retainer smelling fresh. Glad I took a second look!

Pre - Cerave Foaming Face wash
Brush - Razorock Plissoft
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Feather
Soap - Sir Henry’s Sandalwood
Post - Soap Commander Inspiration
Rating: 8/10

Pretty good, no irritation/nicks or any issues. Went with/across everywhere and against in some spots. Not “bbs” since I get irritation when I try to go for it too often. I really liked this soap, smelled great and lathered pretty quickly.

SOTD 10/25
Razor: Colibri 1.50
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Bomb Pop
Soap: PAA Ck6 Blue Samhain
Aftershave: PAA Blue Samhain Star Jelly

A close comfortable shave this evening, this is the colibri's first outing. My first impression is that it's a fair bit milder than expected. The blade is held very rigidly and there actually isn't as much blade feel as I would like. I think a blade with a bit more tooth could kick it up a notch though.
9.25/10
20211025_214124.jpg

Brush: Rudy Vey “Red Wolf” this is my favorite brush that Rudy has made for, it is great looking but what makes it so special Rudy and I did more collaboration on this brush than any other.

Blade: Polsilver SI (2) second shave as good or better than the first shave, will use a third shave.

Soap: MDC Fougere

Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.35mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

Post Shave: 4711, Hyaluronic Acid

10/10
6009AC4A-4381-4043-B52D-59D544F83169.jpeg
A4D7802A-8A53-455F-A58A-2134D034AA49.jpeg

Menthol Monday

Proraso green shaving soap
Omega boar brush
Gillette Fatboy razor
Dorco razor blade (12)
witch hazel
Nivea Men…Balm
Bootlegger’s Arctic Lime Blast
aftershave

Two passes on the face: WTG, XTG, and four passes on the neck: WTG, two XTG (down and up), and ATG. The shave left my neck a little tight, so I brought in the balm. Proraso green usually leaves my skin a bit dry and/or tight.

I need to shave with the Proraso red without the pre-shave to see if it would also leave my skin the same. Normally, I use the pre-shave, and my skin is not dry or tight. My experiment would be to see if it’s the pre-shave that helps, or if the red soap has an ingredient that leaves my skin suppler than the green.

Great shave, but I’m knocking a little off for the tight skin. I think a soap or cream shouldn’t give you dry and/or tight skin. I must say, though, the Nivea balm did a great job. Score: 9.5/10

9888EF0A-458E-4ECB-BBEC-8E293A016815.jpeg

Last edited:
Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy
Soap: Murphy and McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 2 (Kodiak)
Aftershave: Murphy and McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 2 Splash
Rating: 10/10

Close, smooth and trouble free makes for a fantastic shave. Really enjoying my shaves lately.

394DF248-8D9B-44F1-A8C5-D67DD1063DA5.jpeg

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Prewar Canadian Tech
Blade: GSB

Soap: Shannon’s soap Silk Pajamas sample

Brush: Semogue 1305
Balm Stirling unscented balm.

Aftershave: Oleo soapworks 40

Stately BBS

TabaOCtober Tue 26 SE SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Whiskey Woods
The lather from this soap was nothing short of excellent...except perhaps the scent. So creamy so slick...wonderful!
An awesome shave with the razor paired with this blade (palm stropped). Crisply sharp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. My favorite Clubman is just awesome too...because it can last! Rating 10/10!
20211026_092418.jpg

First shave with this brush (or any horse brush) and wow! It's labeled extra soft and it had no scritch at all, very soft tips. Its a bit floppy but the dense Zenith knot makes up for this. Glad I decided to try a horse knot and will probably add a couple more!
This is great feedback. I’ve looked at several horsehair brushes and I really think I’d like the feel of it. I think they look great as well. Seems like I have no reason not to try one, right? Geez, my wish list is loooong.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
tempImageOtKICp.jpg

Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Stirling Havercherry
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Razor: Blackbird
EdT: Stirling Haverford

Simply an awesome shave. I took a little off the shave in the goatee area again and it worked terrific. With an aggressive razor, a little less can be a lot more. No injuries or irritation, and BBS- results for the most part. Comfortable, happy skin. Rating: 10/10. This was a first experiment at skipping a scent on the post shave products until the EdT. Intriguing...

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R41(2013)
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Green Indian (D1)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-Band Badger
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Nivea AS Balm
Rating : 9.82/10 :pipe:

Close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

TabaOCtober Tue 26 SE SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Whiskey Woods
The lather from this soap was nothing short of excellent...except perhaps the scent. So creamy so slick...wonderful!
An awesome shave with the razor paired with this blade (palm stropped). Crisply sharp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. My favorite Clubman is just awesome too...because it can last! Rating 10/10!
View attachment 1352480
Do the scents of the Stirling and Clubman mix?

Razor: Rockwell T2
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Soap: Palmolive green
After: Alum and Zingari man - The Navigator

Good & comfy but not memorable.
I've noticed Sterling soaps are highly appreciated on these forums. I find my Proraso White, Palmolive and PAA works better, not sure why - I'm probably doing somehting wrong.
april_2021-10-26-10-47-27-903.jpg

A 24-hour beard shave today, so that I can get back on my every-48 schedule:

Gillette postwar fat-handled Tech in champagne gold/Feather blade (2)

Erasmic soap in the red-lidded tub

AP Shave Co. synth brush

Pre-shower: Proraso Red AS; post-shower: Assured lotion, Proraso Green, Clubman powder

No workout today. A quick face wash with Irish Spring preceded my loading the brush with Erasmic and a good face-lathering. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG; minimal cleanup. Nowhere near BBS, but I'm resting my skin since Saturday's close shave with a couple of mild nicks.

Verdict: 9.1.

Top Bottom