What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

View attachment 1301114
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: TFS Rasozero - Barbacco
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Superb shave! :cool:

Full shave notes here:
Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/post-11367048
How do you like the Omega EVO? I'm thinking that is an excellent brush.

I started with the DE89, it is a great starting razor smooth and pretty efficient. I had a little difficulty in transitioning to the 3one6 with positive blade exposure, but once I got it down the transition to the Timeless Ti Sb .95 was easy, and then to the WR2 SB 1.35 was easy also.
I found the 3one6 to be a lot more efficient than the DE89.
I have a 3ONE6 with the knurled handle and it is a lot more efficient than the Muhle R89/EJ DE89. It does take getting used to.

Brush: Rudy Vey “Mandarin” 24mm Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip, I think that Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip is one of the best knots out there, and for the price it is unbeatable

Blade: Polsilver Stainless (2) these are the best blades I have ever used.

Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

Soap: Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional great scent, lots of lather, very easy to create

Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, 4711

10/10 58A8913D-5988-4BA2-B0A7-F2B82C3979E1.jpeg6E4C192C-67CD-4725-A1EA-1A0C92905D78.jpeg5D2B9EEC-9B14-49F6-ABA8-BA5278009FCC.jpeg23990A48-6A62-45D9-83D2-C85742CE3939.jpeg0DBBA78B-D50F-4E4C-97FC-640DB982842C.jpeg

Today's shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: GSB

Soap: Uncle Jon’s Cucumber Melon
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Balm Stirling unscented balm

Aftershave: Stirling Mountain man

DFS+

tempImageMcWzKB.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray -- first use and liked it very much
Lather: Stirling Coconut Lime
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Razor: 1918 Pocket Edition Old Type
Splash: Speick Active
Balm: Nivea Cooling

I realized I may not have tightened down the cap enough in previous uses of the Old Type, out of mechanical sympathy. This left the blade not as fully snugged down as it should have been and caused a rougher shave. Today I gave it a good tightening and had a much better experience. I still got a nick on my chin on the WTG pass, but on the easier areas of my face the razor felt totally fine. I did some touch up with my Vector (not pictured) and ended up feeling a bit of irritation. Pretty good DFS results. The Green Ray brush is pretty cool. I love the look of the knot, and despite how incredibly soft it is, it still loads and lathers very well. Rating: 8/10.

Sat 24 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette GSB 1st
Post &Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Just a terrific lather from this soap. Nice aromatic scent, very creamy and slick stuff...just love this...
Shave with razor paired with the excellent blade at setting 9-7-7 was smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were good as usual. Rating 10/10!
20210723_210002.jpg
20210724_073013.jpg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: Gillette Nacet (D5)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Cream: Hawkins and Brimble Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Biotiq Wild Grass AS Gel
Rating : 9.79/10 :pipe:

Very close and buttery smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Saturday morning. Grey weather, but that's seeming pleasant after a few hot (for UK) days. [Obligatory British weather joke : if you don't like it, give it a couple of minutes.]

Thiers Issard 11/16 round point straight razor
Nom "Theo" wood handle boar brush
Esteem "Primal" soap

The razor and brush are regulars. I'd seen the Esteem soaps, but hadn't got round to trying them until this week. This one lathers well. The smell is a bit more subtle than I expected (it's labelled "woody citrus", so I suppose I'd been thinking of something like Wickham's Citrus Musk, but there was a lot less of it smell-wise). So only one thing for it :

Arko "Gold Power" aftershave

I hadn't noticed this existed until the other week, but once I'd seen it I thought it was only a matter of time before I ended up giving it a go. It's pretty much what you're thinking it would be. Weird plastic "bottle" with an angled hinged attempt at a cap (like on a liquid shower soap) adds to the Cheap And Nasty aura. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad I got it and I'll use it again - but if the phrase "it is what it is" ever applied to anything, it's this.

I'll write it up as an "8" this morning.

24 July 2021
20210724_055132.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
Van der Hagen—Germany
Soap:
Razorock Saturnia --Italy Until I use it up (using rain water)
Brushes:
Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade:
Derby Premium--Egypt Shave #1
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Brut--Mexico
Rating(s):
10.0 BBS
Comments:
A fantastic 1st shave with a new blade. No stubble, nicks, or weepers at all. Prepping for a hot steamy day of lawn mowing and errand running.

D40F8611-03E9-47F8-99A6-6DED2F66918A.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Nacet (3)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24mm Fan
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! First use of the Stirling badger. I’ve done a few test lathers with it in a bowl prior to today, and it made lather easily and quickly, but since I usually face lather, that’s what I did today. I don’t have a lot of badger experience, mostly because of the cost, but the reviews on this one imply it punches well above its price point. It is soft (I had a pure badger for a very very short time that really irritated my face) though not as much so as a broken in boar or synthetic, and to me, seems pretty dense too. No flop to speak of. It made lather very well, but didn’t want to let go of it. I assume this will change over time. I only own one other badger and don’t really know how this compares in the great world of brushes, but to me it seems like an incredibly nice brush. I’d welcome any input if y’all have any.

The Nacet blade was very smooth today. It had seemed a little overly aggressive with the 95 plate, but also it’s on its 3rd shave which for me is the beginning of the sweet spot. Easy 2 pass, darn near BBS. No irritation. Finished with Clubman.

9/10

A most excellent shave on a 48-hour beard for Slant Saturday!

Fatip Open Comb Slant (FOCS)/Personna Lab Blue blade (2)

Tabac in stick form

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Assured lotion, Chiseled Face Midnight Stag (sadly the last of my sample), Clubman powder

After a steam bath as I washed my car, I cleaned off the phiz, wet it with *cool* water mixed with baking soda for slipperiness, applied the Tabac, and face-lathered. My water at this time of year is usually lukewarm, but I often mix some hot into it. Today I used straight cool from the tap; I think it improved the shave a bit. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG; cleanup, throat only, XTG. The combo of German soap and Italian razor sorceries worked in concert to give something that was about as close to BBS as I could hope for.

Verdict: 9.8!!

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
A second rainy day in AZ. Yesterday we got more rain in one day that we get in a year!

Back to the Feather/Feather combo for the 11th shave. Today’s brush is the Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip. This brush may not be the best-looking brush, but it sure does perform. Makes excellent lather and feels great on my face. A nice BBS shave. Have a good day, gents.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Vulfix Boar/Badger mix with vintage Williams Tallow shave soap.
Heritage Gillette bar handle closed comb razor with a vintage Gillette Spoiler
Finished off with Floid Blue AS
2 Pass DFS

The Heritage Gillette has essentially an R89 head and shaves well. The bar handle is very grippy and nice to use as I like my lather a little on the soupy side!

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 SS, Knurled
Blade: Feather 🪶(3)
Brush: Omega 10018 Boar, 23mm
Bowl: Le Gourmet Chef

Lather: La Savonniere Du Moulin (Donkey Milk Soap)

Stetson Cooling Moisture After Shave Splash,
Stetson After Shave with Aloe Balm

Another three passes to a BBS finish with no nicks or weepers or razor burn. A very smooth shave except for one tiny point on the edge of my moustache during the first pass. I thought I had a weeper but it was just a watery eye that didn't even make it through the first pass rinse. This French soap is 30% donkey's milk. It's fabulously rich and cushiony slick.
The Stetson splash and balm on top of the Cucumber Witch Hazel was great. I like Stetson a lot.
More 10 than yesterday's 10.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Razorock Mamba 0.53
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (5)
Pre-shave: none
Brush: Razorock Monster
Lather: Sterling Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No Irritation: 5
No Nicks & cuts: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Score: 10/10

Very nice shave. Very close and no issues.

Blade is losing efficiency. I may bin it just to prevent issues on the next shave.

Top Bottom