What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Joseph Elliot’s Best Silver Steel
Brush: Semogue boar 21mm
Soap: Haslinger Sandalwood

Just awesome!
F626EAEB-24E4-4BB9-878B-A0F45310FCF9.jpeg

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 SS, Knurled Handle (first use)

Blade: Feather (1)

Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Two Band Finest Badger 26mm (first use)

Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: B & M, Barrister's Reserve Fern Shave Soap(first use)

B & M Barrister's Reserve Fern Aftershave Splash (first use)

Three passes to a fine finish with no nicks or weepers or razor burn. BBS on all except the bottom band of my neck where I didn't go ATG. I like the heft and SS and the looks of the 3ONE6. I can't say it gives a better shave than the DE89 but it's certainly not worse and the DE89 is one of my favorites. The 3ONE6 came with a pack of Feather blades so I used a Feather. It paired very well with it.
The Yaqi Two Band Finest is excellent. It's a 26/55. It has a HD feel but nicely soft.
The Barrister & Mann Barrister's Reserve Fern Soap made a wonderful lather. The scent was great and the lather was slick.
The matching aftershave on top of my favorite Witch Hazel was a wonderful finish.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I started with the DE89, it is a great starting razor smooth and pretty efficient. I had a little difficulty in transitioning to the 3one6 with positive blade exposure, but once I got it down the transition to the Timeless Ti Sb .95 was easy, and then to the WR2 SB 1.35 was easy also.
I found the 3one6 to be a lot more efficient than the DE89.

Philips Norelco S1560 with Trader Joe's Shave Cream and Proroso AS Balm (white).
Comfort 9/10, closeness 6/10

After 3 days of struggle with the 1959 Tech, I did my weekly electric shave.

Interesting how individual results are. I have had the most irritation with two very mild and light razors (Henson Al13 - since given away to my son, and now the Tech). My best shaves have been with the Merkur 34C and RR GC 68. Both mild, but heavier. Probably both a bit more efficient, so fewer strokes?

Would stepping up in efficiency be better for irritation?

The 34C is locked and loaded with an Astra SP for tomorrow.
It very well may be, or using a sharper blade, if what you are using is causing because you are having to go over an area to many times is what causes irritation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210722_145910~2.jpg

Razor: Mühle Rocca R95 V4
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic

Superb shave! :cool:

Full shave notes here:
Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/post-11365622

Brush: Morris & Forndran L2 Bi-Color 26mm Finest
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (PIF) (1), big difference in the 11th use of the Polsilver and the 1st
probably 6 uses will be the sweet spot for this blade for me.
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, 471159FB8030-B341-4DC3-8EB1-BB6BEB42BF38.jpegF9E74CE2-7906-4687-8D84-BECAA36F1CCC.jpeg1168D89C-62FC-4F07-BFBC-81CF35849A04.jpeg

My Thursday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Single pass shave: WTG​
Razor: American Knife Co., Plymouth Hollow, Connecticut- circa 1849-1875​
Pre-Shave: None
Brush: Elite Razor Waterfall Bubinga w/ 26mm High Mountain White Fan​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Nil Scent (Fragrance Free) Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso White Alcohol Free After Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
9/10

10/10

Absolutely fantastic head shave with some new things:
First time using a karve in my life and this razor (with the D plate) was very efficient at taking down 3+ days of growth. Very efficient AND smooth. No alum feedback or alcohol burn from the splash. Just smooth bbs dome.

Blade was a 4th use polsilver blade.

The soap was also a first. Azalea city suds makes a great lather. Head feels soft post shave and no issues with lathering at all.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

All roads lead back to the Vector...
tempImageZr1PQy.jpg

Brush: PAA Starcraft -- first use today and enjoyed it.
Lather: Tabac
Blade: Kai ProTouch (7)
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Splash: Executive Man
Balm: Nivea Cooling

I think the PAA Starcraft has some the backbone of my Yaqi 26mm synth and the softness of the Plissoft style knot in my Razorock Tricolore. It's a nice best-of-both-worlds. It didn't lather quite the same volume of either of those brushes today on my first try, but I'm sure I'll get it dialed in. It's definitely tall enough to make bowl lathering a breeze, and the handle stays clean and dry while stored upright during passes. A keeper for sure.

This shave took me beyond my typical DFS+ to a BBS- result, with perhaps a touch of irritation where I tend to notice it first--on the mustache area. No blood, though. A very smooth and satisfying shave. Rating: 9/10.

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R41 (2013)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (D3)
Brush: Custom Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Temptation Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Lotion
Rating : 9.87/10 :pipe:

Very close and buttery smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Fatip Fri 23 SOTD
Soap/Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Gillette Nacet SS 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + HA + TGS Orange Empire
Awesome soap/cream! Pleasant scent, creamy and slick lather! Couldn't ask for more...
Excellent shave with the razor and blade combination. So smooth so comfortable and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs result. Razor is good, blade is even better! Aftershaves were great too...rating 10/10!
20210723_084225.jpg

Razor: Razorock Mamba 0.53
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (4)
Pre-shave: none
Brush: Razorock Monster
Lather: Sterling Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No Irritation: 5
No Nicks & cuts: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Score: 10/10

Very nice shave. Very close and no issues.

Blade is still going strong.

EDD60E73-552B-4234-837E-9DA844C385B3.jpeg

Razor: GEM MMCP
Blade: GEM PTFE (5)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! An absolutely delightful shave this morning. Face lathered The Fat and got a wonderfully slick lather. I think I had a breakthrough with the Micromatic today. I felt like I was accustomed to using the razor. A very close and comfortable shave. No mishaps or irritation, minimal stinging from the aftershave. Finished with Clubman w/ added menthol.

10/10

linty1

My wallet cries.
A 40s Superspeed, gsb blades, mwf, a pereira bowl, and a soc boar.

Another great shave, added water in slower increments (splashes from my hand) and seemed to have hit the range a little better. I sometimes use a glycerin face wash but didn't this time and it seems to have gone the same/better.

23 July 2021
20210723_063044_HDR.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
Van der Hagen—Germany
Soap:
Razorock Saturnia --Italy Until I use it up (using rain water)
Brushes:
Omega 11126--Italy
Blade:
Shark--Egypt Shave #4 (and out)
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Brut--Mexico
Rating(s):
8.5 CAS
Comments:
A dull blade left lots of stubble, but generated no nicks, or weepers.

Lupo.95,Nacet(1)PAA menthol cube because it's so hot,Tabac,Simpsons Duke2,Thayers,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green.Another stunning shave with the lupo.95 smooth,close,comfortable no nicks or weepers.This is my favorite razor out of all i have.PAA cube with Tabac was the slickest thing i've ever experienced the best i've had just ordered another 6 pucks of Tabac in case the rumours are true.As good as i've ever had it's got to be a solid 10/10. Take care happy shaves everyone.
20210723_125058[1].jpg

Top Bottom