What's new

What did you hone today?

Duane cutlery - 5/8ths-ish. Maybe a hair bigger, full hollow.
I've been honing this a lot lately, nice steel and very receptive to different hones.
Today was a breeze on one of my new Marukas... sterling edge came up quickly and seemingly effortlessly.

$photo-14.JPG

Two of my favorites.

Why thank you,it was the first coticule I ever bought about 20 years ago and tried it on knives but didn't like it.It had the original box which got thrown out.Think I paid a couple bucks for it back then.For razors it works really good,and fast.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
A 5/8 ERN I found at the flea market Saturday.
Bevel set on Chosera 1k. Yae botan on a hard wakasa, botan, then dilutions on the Coticule side of a Les Lat.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 96
Beautiful stone and box. You lucked out on that razor too, most ERN come with roached out scales. The JNat and coticule marriage can be a tricky one but when it works it's beautiful.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Beautiful stone and box. You lucked out on that razor too, most ERN come with roached out scales. The JNat and coticule marriage can be a tricky one but when it works it's beautiful.
Thanks. Lately I've been trying to refine the edge a bit more before going to the coticule, and its working out pretty well. I'm thinking of putting a synthetic between the 1 k and coticule but haven't made my mind up on which one i want to try. Suggestions?

Top Bottom