What's new

What DE Blade Has Been Your Smoothest Shave?

Tonight's Feather, 1st shave, is the best, closest shave since I returned to DE shaving 8 months ago. Going to get 100.

Tonight's Feather, 1st shave, is the best, closest shave since I returned to DE shaving 8 months ago. Going to get 100.

Just pulled out a feather as well. First wasn't great, but my second shave was perfect. We will see what happens over the next few shaves. I may just stick with the Lord Platinums, as I was very impressed by them as well.

So far for me it is the Polsilver SI. These were the last ones that I tried from my blade sampler when I first switched to DE. Before that it was Astra SP.

Bolzano, by a wide margin. Feather and Astra give me the worst burn imagineable in every razor I try. Lord SS are my second favorite.

Used a a Feather for the first time last week and I gotta say that I see what all the hype is about. Smoothest shave ever.

Personna Reds. Used them for eight good shaves without noticing a difference. Finally tossed them in order to use other blades, but I suspect the Personna had a few more shaves left on it.

The smoothest shave I ever had was with a 1960's Scottish made Perma Sharp. Alas they have been out of production for about 50 years so from current production blades I get the smoothest shaves from Gillette Silver Blues, Astra SS and Rapira Super Stainless.

The smoothest shave I ever had was with a 1960's Scottish made Perma Sharp. Alas they have been out of production for about 50 years so from current production blades I get the smoothest shaves from Gillette Silver Blues, Astra SS and Rapira Super Stainless.

I have about 250 of the Scottish Perma Sharp blades. They require a shave or two to shave in but I get a weeks worth of comfortable shaves from a blade.

Top Bottom