What's new

What cream feels most luxurious?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
OK, I jest of course, in terms of "Luxury" I really like Crown Shaving Cream or TOBS

1608240554813.png
1608240610562.png

Attachments

• 1608240587471.png
    1608240587471.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 15
Freaking loved it. I hate to use the phrase "game changing", but...

And I'm assuming it's the new version that I have. It was purchased maybe a week ago(?) from Amazon. If you can tell me how I can tell if it's the old or new version, I'll look at my toob and let you know.

Edit: Here's what my toob looks like:
View attachment 1196476

The new stuff is in a dark blue tube and says “Super Formula” on the box as a sticker to the left of Proraso.

17AF5FAD-0A1D-4A91-B7DB-11DB13EA28B6.jpeg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I was wondering what is the cream that you love the most.

Not the most expensive but the one that you love so much from the scent to the shave experience (slickness, cushion etc.). It has to make the experience of lathering extremely luxurious.

Hands down the nicest, best performing creams I've used and I've used a few, is CRS. I actually ordered another tub yesterday. French Vetiver.

64970ecbc0de2091ed8671f47382095d128a1688.jpg

I've been using their Wild Rose over two years and still have slightly less than 1/2 a tub. My Indian Sandalwood I've had for over a year now I think and is still well above 3/4 full. The tubs are large at 165g or 5.8oz's and the price is a lot more than right.

Cyril Salter Wild Rose - terrific, realistic scent with excellent performance at a very reasonable price.

The CRS Wild Rose scent is spectacular.

The scent. This wonderful scent. They really nailed it.

This is the scent in the tub.

Red_Rosebud_With_Raindrops_(216494517).jpg

This is the scent as I was lathering.

Dark-Red-Rose-Wallpaper_thumb.jpg

The more its lathered the more it opens up, but its more than that. Lathering for my third pass it hit me. Its more than just a simple rose. Its a rose garden.

451743282_1280x720.jpg

I had to concentrate a bit and think about it, but I could detect that rich deep moisture, the green of the leaves and even the fresh clean dirt. Its incredible. The only downside is, and this may only be a downside for me, it doesnt linger much at all.

CRS scents I find are very accurate and realistic. The Indian Sandalwood is just as nice and accurate. I believe its a true Sandalwood with no other distracting scent notes. That scent does linger, very well.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
My most luxurious cream is TOBS coconut and although I don't have a scuttle I do have a bowl that fits perfectly in a plastic jug that when filled with hot water keeps the lather warm

Oh gawd. Please don't tell me the "New, Improved!" (aka "Super Formula") totally sucks...

I have been meaning to try the new Super Formula of the Blue but have not yet. When I was using the Green, the Super Formula was a huge improvement over the previous formulation for me. It was way slicker, and less drying overall. This thread is going to make me get some Super Formula Blue. Hard to go wrong with Proraso, it's great stuff. :)

My most luxurious shaving cream is DR Harris which is way better than TOBS.
Have any gents ever tried Meißner Tremonia shaving cream?

It attracts me a lot.

My most luxurious shaving cream is DR Harris which is way better than TOBS.
Have any gents ever tried Meißner Tremonia shaving cream?

It attracts me a lot.

I own several scents of the Meissner cream/paste and they’re all wonderful. My favorites are Dark Limes, Salty Sea Sage and Gentle Menthol among others. The heavy infinity glass jars are also high quality. Awesome products, highly recommended.

Hands down the nicest, best performing creams I've used and I've used a few, is CRS. I actually ordered another tub yesterday. French Vetiver.

View attachment 1196499

I've been using their Wild Rose over two years and still have slightly less than 1/2 a tub. My Indian Sandalwood I've had for over a year now I think and is still well above 3/4 full. The tubs are large at 165g or 5.8oz's and the price is a lot more than right.

The CRS Wild Rose scent is spectacular.

CRS scents I find are very accurate and realistic. The Indian Sandalwood is just as nice and accurate. I believe its a true Sandalwood with no other distracting scent notes. That scent does linger, very well.

This is now on my list! I love rose scent. I'll need to order this in as it doesn't seem available in Australia.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Do not use much creams, but have a few. My favorite is baume.be cream. Followed closely by Cyril Salter's French Vetiver.
Also use Speick and Tabac creams when traveling, they are in a tube, so it travels easier. Last year I picked up a tube of Florena shaving cream in Germany, I think it was just a little over a Euro or so, a superb cream!! They can be had from Amazon here, but the cost is very high compared to what I paid in my home country.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
This is now on my list! I love rose scent. I'll need to order this in as it doesn't seem available in Australia.

Try Connaught Shaving in the UK. They have a low cost international air shipping option.

The only shave creams I've yet smelled that has scents as nice as, if not nicer than CRS, is Captain's Choice. I should have mentioned them in my first post. CC creams are a very close second on my list. Their performance is, I think, equal to CRS. The Captain's Choice Sandalwood cream is the nicest scent I've ever smelled. Dark, rich and smouldering. All of his scents are top shelf. I've reviewed a few of his creams and still have a tub of his 45th Parallel on my shelf.

Captain's Choice Bay Rum - A Review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/captains-choice-bay-rum-a-review.529955/

Captain's Choice Lime - A Review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/captains-choice-lime-a-review.528255/

Captain's Choice 45th Parallel - A Review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/captains-choice-45th-parallel-a-review.527755/

Captain's Choice North - A Review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/captains-choice-north-a-review.525724/

My next order from Maggard, which also has a low cost international shipping option, will include a tub of his Sandalwood. I just wish Maggard carried CRS or Connaught carried Captain's Choice so I could get everything on a single order haha.

CRS also won the B&B Award for Best Shave Cream in 2014, I think. When the forum software was updated last, we lost that page.

Most luxurious for me are the two regular sized C&S soaps in the anodized aluminum dishes. Everything from the lather to scent and presentation is pure luxury. The lids are so perfectly fitted to the jars that they feel like “soft close” as the air escapes from the jar upon closure. Hope they will find a suitable supplier for the exceptional Valobra made soaps. Though I’ve read the Martelli company intends to modernize and resume production.

If they keep the formula of Valobra that would we wonderful news! There aren’t a lot of tallow soaps left on the market and theres was one of the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom