What's new

What cream feels most luxurious?

I was wondering what is the cream that you love the most.

Not the most expensive but the one that you love so much from the scent to the shave experience (slickness, cushion etc.). It has to make the experience of lathering extremely luxurious.

I was wondering what is the cream that you love the most.

Not the most expensive but the one that you love so much from the scent to the shave experience (slickness, cushion etc.). It has to make the experience of lathering extremely luxurious.
The Fatis what I use the most, but you said cream. TOBS Jermyn Street is the cream that I use when I want to feel luxurious lather. That and a shave Scuttle to keep it warm.

The Fatis what I use the most, but you said cream. TOBS Jermyn Street is the cream that I use when I want to feel luxurious lather. That and a shave Scuttle to keep it warm.

I think we should include soaps as well... though it's a different topic category so I just stuck with creams as I use them most. Haven't used as many soaps though.

What is the Fatis? MWF?

tough to narrow to one. there a just Soooo many good options.

my top creams:
Proraso Single Blades
Cella EEB
Speick
Mogno

I have some samples from Stone Cottage and their “Bayberry” variety is certainly “Winter Holiday Luxury” for me.

and I still have yet to try other well-regarded offerings like:
Musgo Real
Lea
La Toja
TOBS
Baume.be
etc

I think we should include soaps as well... though it's a different topic category so I just stuck with creams as I use them most. Haven't used as many soaps though.

What is the Fatis? MWF?
I didn’t proof my post. Shame on me. Yes, I meant to say. The Fat is what I use the most, referring to Mitchell’s Wool Fat.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am not a huge lover of creams and much prefer soaps, my favourite being Tabac, closely followed by Old Spice and Yardley. I recently acquired this cream which I guess is 30+ years old but it had solidified in the tube so I opened the tube up and scraped the contents into a bowl. The cream has dried and now resembles a semi hard soap in texture. The scent and performance are superb; this is my favourite luxurious cream.

yc.jpg

Most luxurious for me are the two regular sized C&S soaps in the anodized aluminum dishes. Everything from the lather to scent and presentation is pure luxury. The lids are so perfectly fitted to the jars that they feel like “soft close” as the air escapes from the jar upon closure. Hope they will find a suitable supplier for the exceptional Valobra made soaps. Though I’ve read the Martelli company intends to modernize and resume production.

I don’t usually use creams, but when I did, Proraso Blue always left my face feeling amazing afterwards.
The Proraso White Preshave has a hint of menthol, which surprised me since it’s for Sensitive Skin. Does the Blue have anything like that? I’m thinking of replacing my TOBS Jermyn Street with the Blue.

I've been using AOS Sandalwood for the past week or so. It's a good for a cream. It could hold its own against some decent soaps. It's expensive though and doesn't feel any more luxurious than a good soap. It is easy to whip up in my scuttle for some warm lather shaves and that feels pretty luxurious though.

The Proraso White Preshave has a hint of menthol, which surprised me since it’s for Sensitive Skin. Does the Blue have anything like that? I’m thinking of replacing my TOBS Jermyn Street with the Blue.

The Blue has a very minor amount of menthol that just barely cools the skin off a bit, without feeling ice cold. It’s quite perfect if you ask me!

I hate the menthol in the White, way too much.

I don’t usually use creams, but when I did, Proraso Blue always left my face feeling amazing afterwards.
I wound up with a tube of Proraso Blue almost by mistake (part of an insomnia-induced, online shopping trip). This morning I decided to give it a trial run, just for a little change of pace. Not really knowing what to expect I have to say I was shocked at how much I liked it. No muss, no fuss no bother; and an amazing shave. As you pointed out, post shave my face felt fantastic.

I wound up with a tube of Proraso Blue almost by mistake (part of an insomnia-induced, online shopping trip). This morning I decided to give it a trial run, just for a little change of pace. Not really knowing what to expect I have to say I was shocked at how much I liked it. No muss, no fuss no bother; and an amazing shave. As you pointed out, post shave my face felt fantastic.

I'm glad you liked it! Just curious, did you use the new Super Formula or an older tube before they reformulated recently?

I'm glad you liked it! Just curious, did you use the new Super Formula or an older tube before they reformulated recently?
Freaking loved it. I hate to use the phrase "game changing", but...

And I'm assuming it's the new version that I have. It was purchased maybe a week ago(?) from Amazon. If you can tell me how I can tell if it's the old or new version, I'll look at my toob and let you know.

Edit: Here's what my toob looks like:
Proraso Cream.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom