What's new

what can your mirror do?

Has anyone ever felt after shaving in 2 different locations that the size/quality/location of mirror helps them or hinders them?

Maybe it's just my own perception, but when I visit family and shave in front of a large mirror with a smaller sink, I can see what I'm doing a little better and my shaves are more enjoyable.

When shaving at my flat, I have to lean over quite a bit to really see. Maybe this is a dumb question and will get zero replies, but I seem to feel a difference.

Anyone??

Not silly at all...mirrors are crucial.

$cat-lookin-in-mirror-01.jpg

I can't claim to want to move to get a better mirror but I can see how it might be an issue if the mirror isn't very good.

Has anyone ever felt after shaving in 2 different locations that the size/quality/location of mirror helps them or hinders them?

Maybe it's just my own perception, but when I visit family and shave in front of a large mirror with a smaller sink, I can see what I'm doing a little better and my shaves are more enjoyable.

When shaving at my flat, I have to lean over quite a bit to really see. Maybe this is a dumb question and will get zero replies, but I seem to feel a difference.

Anyone??

Absolutely. I started holding a small mirror in front of me so that i could see more clearly. I stopped that because holding it became a distraction, but clearly i'm not thrilled with my mirror

I got a mirror like this at a garage sale and I love it because I dont have to look up as far and thus stretch my neck, which helps me avoid irritation, and my medicine cabinet has 3 doors all with mirrors which helps a bunch too. I think mirrors go a long ways.

$$(KGrHqZ,!rQFEdLWK4d8BRhSv!bRh!~~60_12.JPG

I just got a mirror like David's and I'm still kind of figuring out how to work it into my routine. It has a straight and a magnified side. I think the straight side is better for most of the shave. The magnification can be too much trees not enough forest.

I actually posted a similar thread last month when I was deliberating on whether to buy it. Not a lot of replies, but it sounded like most people just use the mirror on the wall.

ive got a vintage medicine chest and the mirror is perfect for shaving.its even got a blade disposal slot in the back.

Mirrors are definitely important. You don't want to be bending forward too much as that may cause you some back pains and you may also be locking your knees.

I have a large mirror above the sink, but my eyesight is so bad that unless I'm wearing my glasses, I can't see what I'm doing anyway. If I lean across the sink to get close enough to the mirror to focus, then I'm uncomfortably off-balance and thinking more about falling than about shaving. If I wear my glasses to shave, then they get in my way when I'm doing my cheeks, and invariably, I have to clean the lather off afterwards.

For me, good lighting is more important than a good mirror, but really, the two go hand in hand.

I've learned to shave by feeling with my other hand to find spots I've missed. I could probably shave in the dark if I had to, but I haven't tried it yet.

I say the only dumb question is the one you (or I) DON'T ask...:laugh:
I'm fortunate in that most other gentlemen around my age now need glasses for reading and close-up work, but not so for me, as I'm near-sighted.
So, luckily, I'm good with whatever mirror I'm in front of.

I have shaved in many locations, from camping grounds to hotels to our own bathroom, and I have never worried about the mirror. As long as I can see the area where I am lathering and shaving, it is good enough for me.

Top Bottom