What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

They are both prototypical light to medium English blends. If you like an English daily, you can't miss with either. Although the debate rages on among the Englishphiles.
Sounds like something I would like. I believe the only latakia blend I've tried from samuel gawith has been commonwealth mixture. Good stuff 👍. I like many pipe smoker go through phases haha. Lately its been burley and vapers. But there have been quite a few times I've reached for the latakia blends first.

Just ordered an MM Ozark hardwood straight pipe, and a 2 oz. tin of C & D Gentleman Caller. Word on the 'Net is that the latter will ghost a pipe, and that it would be wise to dedicate a pipe to it. And while it's described in some quarters as being like the "old" Half & Half, I don't know if I'll like it yet. So I don't want to dedicate a more expensive pipe to it. (Note I said "more expensive," not "cheap." MMs may not cost much, but I understand they are worth the effort to get to know them.)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Just ordered an MM Ozark hardwood straight pipe, and a 2 oz. tin of C & D Gentleman Caller. Word on the 'Net is that the latter will ghost a pipe, and that it would be wise to dedicate a pipe to it. And while it's described in some quarters as being like the "old" Half & Half, I don't know if I'll like it yet. So I don't want to dedicate a more expensive pipe to it. (Note I said "more expensive," not "cheap." MMs may not cost much, but I understand they are worth the effort to get to know them.)
....and MMs don't count ;) right @RookieGuy ?

H. Wiebe pipe & tamper combo.

proxy.php

Voodoo Queen is a pretty funky little English blend. It's not really a lat bomb, but it's definitely there.

A buddy of mine got some and seems to like it. Figured I would give it a try and see. Probably should have gotten a smaller quantity 🤣🤦‍♂️
Its a lot like Nightcap if memory serves. I liked it.
That would be nice. I do like nightcap although I don't smoke it a huge amount. I have to be in a certain mood for heavier lat blends it seems. But lighter ones and balkan/oriental blends I could smoke all the time and be happy haha.

Bengal Slices. The new version is pretty good. You got a lot of good smoking there in that order.
I believe I have a tin of it stashed already but figured while it was on sale I would add another. This all should keep me content for a while haha. Along with everything else in the cellar I haven't cracked open 🤣

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
A buddy of mine got some and seems to like it. Figured I would give it a try and see. Probably should have gotten a smaller quantity 🤣🤦‍♂️

That would be nice. I do like nightcap although I don't smoke it a huge amount. I have to be in a certain mood for heavier lat blends it seems. But lighter ones and balkan/oriental blends I could smoke all the time and be happy haha.

I believe I have a tin of it stashed already but figured while it was on sale I would add another. This all should keep me content for a while haha. Along with everything else in the cellar I haven't cracked open 🤣

Like every other blend VQ gets really good with age.

Top Bottom