What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

First bones pipe that has caught my eye in a little while. Have one if the brandy dog shape in the way from Morgan pipes

Screenshot_20210520-164722_Samsung Internet.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Sometimes the Zulu shape is a bit hard to define. Some would say that the above Graybow is more of a bent Dublin. To me, a proper Zulu has a more sinuous "S" curve to the shank and stem and a slightly more forward tilt of the bowl. A fine pipe @Ponycarman no matter how you name it.

Sometimes the Zulu shape is a bit hard to define. Some would say that the above Graybow is more of a bent Dublin. To me, a proper Zulu has a more sinuous "S" curve to the shank and stem and a slightly more forward tilt of the bowl. A fine pipe @Ponycarman no matter how you name it.
Yes sir as with most pipe shapes they can be from conservative to extreme. The grabow is definitely on the conservative side. I don't think they really named any of their shapes. Usually assigning a number to them. I'm happy with it either way. Its very light and easy to clinch. Really like my other sandblasted one too. Going to see if I can brighten up the finish on this starfire I think.

Lots of codgers in there. I love the 403 Superior Round Slices, I'm a huge DFK fan. Haven't tried the H&H Burley Kake (sounds amazing), the Anniversary Kake is superb though 👌. A lot to enjoy there!

Nice! I'm looking forward to trying this stuff. Figured I would try a few more burley blends. Got caught up in the stuff going on with prince albert and carter hall. I have already had a pouch of half and half and sir Walter Raleigh but it has been a while. Interested in the 403 slices too. I buddy of mine really likes it and I must say the coins look amazing.

Back up the truck.

🤣🤣🤣 the codger cabin got me burley focused haha. Excited to try grainger finally. Really been enjoying the golden extra blend lately too. Pretty light but still good flavors.

Nice! I'm looking forward to trying this stuff. Figured I would try a few more burley blends. Got caught up in the stuff going on with prince albert and carter hall. I have already had a pouch of half and half and sir Walter Raleigh but it has been a while. Interested in the 403 slices too. I buddy of mine really likes it and I must say the coins look amazing.

🤣🤣🤣 the codger cabin got me burley focused haha. Excited to try grainger finally. Really been enjoying the golden extra blend lately too. Pretty light but still good flavors.
I haven't tried Velvet yet, but Sir Walter, Granger, Carter Hall, and Half & Half have all become favorites of mine in the short time I've been back to pipe smoking. H & H especially has an individual scent and flavor (which is why I'm intrigued by the reviews of C & D's Gentleman Caller, which some liken to the "old" H & H). You are in for an interesting ride.

I haven't tried Velvet yet, but Sir Walter, Granger, Carter Hall, and Half & Half have all become favorites of mine in the short time I've been back to pipe smoking. H & H especially has an individual scent and flavor (which is why I'm intrigued by the reviews of C & D's Gentleman Caller, which some liken to the "old" H & H). You are in for an interesting ride.
I'm excited to try grainger and velvet. Never had those before. I have had sir walter and half & half. Its been a while though. Half and half was one of the first two pouches of tobacco I bought locally when I picked up my first pipe maybe 5-6 yrs ago 🤣. I believe sir walter was as well. I'm excited to revisit those blends. See how my tastes have changed. I remember that day.

It was my birthday and I had the day off. I was on the way to a local fishing hole and stopped by a pharmacy on the way. Grabbed a dr graybow pipe and a pouch of captain black white. Also dropped by a local tobacco shop. They are more roll your own cigarettes kinda shop but I spotted a couple couches. Grabbed sir walter and half&half. All stashed in the glove box of my truck when I fished haha. Came back to an amazing smelling truck cab.

Top Bottom