What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Took advantage of the GL Pease 20% off sale.

Image6.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My current ‘in the woods’ pipe lighter (shared with visitors and expendable), a $10 Ronson, has gone wonky after about a year … normal for a $10 butane. So I decided to ‘splurge’ on the next one, a whopping $24.30 delivered, on this Lotus, which should arrive next week. In the meantime, my sentimental old Zippo will come out of retirement for a few days, and wander about the trees with extra care.

proxy.php

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My current ‘in the woods’ pipe lighter (shared with visitors and expendable), a $10 Ronson, has gone wonky after about a year … normal for a $10 butane. So I decided to ‘splurge’ on the next one, a whopping $24.30 delivered, on this Lotus, which should arrive next week. In the meantime, my sentimental old Zippo will come out of retirement for a few days, and wander about the trees with extra care.

proxy.php

Well … cheap lighter no. 1 was a dud. Either no flame. Or enough flame to weld together a battleship.

It’s hit or miss at this price point, other than for a Zippo. So my old Zippo marches on for a few more days waiting on an exchange. If I get another dud, I‘ll just keep using my ancient Zippo. I’ve gotten lazy on the butane.

A good vendor; they cross shipped an exchange completely at their expense, on a $24 sale.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Well … cheap lighter no. 1 was a dud. Either no flame. Or enough flame to weld together a battleship.

It’s hit or miss at this price point, other than for a Zippo. So my old Zippo marches on for a few more days waiting on an exchange. If I get another dud, I‘ll just keep using my ancient Zippo. I’ve gotten lazy on the butane.

A good vendor; they cross shipped an exchange completely at their expense, on a $24 sale.

Update ... the second Lotus works well. And the vendor was out of the butane I ordered, so gave me a $5 gift credit.

A new, nicely working pipe lighter - for $19 delivered. My cup runneth over.

I was so delighted at the deal, I went and bought a tin of Peterson's Navy Rolls to celebrate (the sweeter, dessert version of Escudo). Easy come, easy go.

My son is visiting next week, so we will smoke it all up with this new lighter.

proxy.php

I’ve been enjoying TCS Green Dragon (Virginia) a lot lately. So I decided to restock and dive a bit deeper in that direction.

On the way:
More TCS Green Dragon
TCS 50th Anniversary (Vaper)
Dan’s Salty Dogs
Newminster 400
SPC Hogshead
Capstan Blue Flake
Sutliff Crumble Kake Red Virginia
Sutliff Crumble Kake No. 4 (I’m a big fan of Rye)

I ordered a dark blast Merchant Service Canadian to go with my tan blast. Unless things have changed since the pipe I won on ebay was made, that's a lot of briar for $105.

Top Bottom