What's new

What are Your top 5 ARTISAN aftershaves ?

I am Looking for Some Ideas On artisan after shave makers and some of the most popular scents they have with you guys here. Your Top 5 favorite If you are wiling. I'm looking for companies that are considered small businesses that have developed their own scents and my have hand crafted shave soaps and after shaves with really good ingredients instead of the big companies that are a little more mass produced such as tobac, club man Old spice etc. Looking for examples that fall more in line with Stirling, Captains choice, WSP, Black ship grooming, etc

So Far Mine are
1.Black ship Grooming captain scurvy
2. PAA atomic aged Bay rum
3 WSP sandalwood
4. Black ship Grooming Classic
5. Sterling Dunshire

SV Felce aromatica, Dolomitti & 70th anniversary
A&E The undersea & So Call Hipster
Zingari man Navigator
Declaration grooming Opulence

1. Noble Otter
2. Declaration Grooming
3. Maol Grooming
4. Ariana & Evans
6. Wm Neumann

I’d put Chatillon Lux at the top of the list, but they no longer make scented aftershaves.

I may need to take a look at declaration grooming
DG Massacre of the Innocents is a great AS.

if you like more fruity/citrus scents, Ethos Greenfresh is about as good as it gets IMO.

Others I like are B&M Reserve Waves, Stirling Island Man and Noble Otter Rawr.

Barrister Reserve - all
Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber, Sherlock
Captains Choice - Cat o Nine Tails
Dr. Jon's - Savanna Sunrise, Hydra
Noble Otter - All, especially Monarch
Stirling - Sandpiper, Piacenza
Fine - all of them
Declaration Grooming - Massacre
Tallow and Steel - Sicily, Boreal
PAA - Fresco, AABR, all doppelgangers and many others

Current choices (which may change at any time):
Stirling Baker St.
Stirling Executive Man
Fine American Blend
Fine Lavender pour Homme
Fine l’Orange Noir

Does fine have more unique scents? Stuff other artisans don’t have. Or do they have the classicism scents with their own take on them ?

Does fine have more unique scents? Stuff other artisans don’t have. Or do they have the classicism scents with their own take on them ?
Fine is primarily "clones" or homages to classic scents. They are all very good!

If you are looking for unique, my go-to's are:

Wet Shaving Products (WSP): I find their Barbershop to be unique...and excellent. One of my favs from them is their Dragon's blood. They sell samples and I highly recommend trying.

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA); they also have homages, but also do some unique scents. They also have samples.

I tend to stick with WSP, PAA and Fine. If I start looking at others as well, I will go down a rabbit hole and will have no money, and no storage! Ha!

Fine is primarily "clones" or homages to classic scents. They are all very good!

If you are looking for unique, my go-to's are:

Wet Shaving Products (WSP): I find their Barbershop to be unique...and excellent. One of my favs from them is their Dragon's blood. They sell samples and I highly recommend trying.

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA); they also have homages, but also do some unique scents. They also have samples.

I tend to stick with WSP, PAA and Fine. If I start looking at others as well, I will go down a rabbit hole and will have no money, and no storage! Ha!

I really like WSPs sandalwood. It smells very close to red cedar. My favorite aftershave at the moment is PAAs atomic aged bay rum. I haven’t found any other scent from PAA that I like. They tend to be more sweet like perfumes. But the bay rums from them are the best.
What about chiseled face ? They seem to have some unique scents.

Top Bottom