What's new

What are your top 4 fragrances? Keep only 4?

Gendarme 20
Amouage Tribute
Profumum Roma Santalum (the old black juice)
Ensar Kinam Rouge oud

Each of these is well put together with good quality oils. I have scents that I prefer and some that are harder to source but these 4 would be the ones I’d reach for if I had to pack for a one way trip out of town. I don’t think I’d get tired of any of them.

In a K car says Ricardo!!
No sir. You are waaayyyyy off! Rocardo’s car was a fine 1975 Cordoba. 😜

Apologies to all for the sidetrack, but the below useless info could be of great importance to many B&Bers…

Corinthian leather is not an actual type of leather at all, it is a marketing term. The Chrysler automobile company introduced it in 1974 to describe premium leather seat material. Celebrity Ricardo Montalban helped popularize the term in Cordoba car ads, leading to years of increased sales.

You truly do learn something new every day!

Sauvage EdT has gotten a firm hold of me, I don’t know what the hell happened.
For me it’s that metallic drydown. I only bought Sauvage recently as every time I smelled it on paper, I hated it. I finally tried it on my skin and went back and bought it the next day. Great stuff. I like the EDT more than the Elixer.

Knize Ten
Montale Dark Aoud
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
Creed Vetiver 1948
You like long lasting scents!! Knize Ten lasts too long on me. I broke a 10 ml bottle in bathroom a few yrs back and was ready to move since the scent wouldn't go away!! LOL!! Semi kidding.
The 1948 is impossible to find. I had a decant about 10 yrs ago and liked it but never see it for sale anymore except at totally outrageous prices.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
You like long lasting scents!! Knize Ten lasts too long on me. I broke a 10 ml bottle in bathroom a few yrs back and was ready to move since the scent wouldn't go away!! LOL!! Semi kidding.
The 1948 is impossible to find. I had a decant about 10 yrs ago and liked it but never see it for sale anymore except at totally outrageous prices.
You are right, Creed Vetiver 1948 is un-obtainium now. Glad I have about 1/3 of a bottle left, but use it not very often.
I had used K10 as my only scent for some 30 years (probably early 80's to 2008 or so). Only after finding this forum here I got into other scents.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Acqua di Parma Colonia
Ralph Lauren Polo Green
Terre d'Hermes
Floris N°89
I confirm my 4 choices above. Just wanted to add pics. :wink2:

20210629_143155.jpg

20220217_143639.jpg

20220206_132232.jpg

20210304_092330.jpg

Top Bottom