What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
From Connaught Shaving.

IMG_3143.jpg IMG_3146.jpg IMG_3150.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I just got this from my brother in Germany, he says it is from Sweden......
20191002_083446[1].jpg
20191002_083506[1].jpg
20191002_083611[1].jpg

Yes, those are rollers. I haven't tried it yet, my brother says the rollers catch on goatee's. Lol

Mail call. Prepare for a little rowdiness. Everything is from the States today.
IMG_4522.jpg

Let's start with this little guy.

IMG_4523.jpg
IMG_4524.jpg
IMG_4525.jpg

Almost there. That's not my usual shape...

IMG_4526.jpg

Hello there, Weck! I blame the Weck Wednesday thread for this acquisition. Enablers!

IMG_4527.jpg
IMG_4528.jpg

Everything else for today arrived in the same box.

IMG_4529.jpg

Delicious packing peanuts.

IMG_4530.jpg
IMG_4531.jpg
IMG_4532.jpg

Hello there, Stahly Live Blade! You actually vibrate. Neat!

IMG_4533.jpg
IMG_4534.jpg
IMG_4535.jpg

Head is in decent shape, which was the primary concern.

IMG_4536.jpg
IMG_4537.jpg

Next up from the box of many things!

IMG_4538.jpg

Hello there, Stahly Live Blade! You were not separated from your brother. Your brother works, though.

IMG_4539.jpg
IMG_4540.jpg

The head on this one is in fantastic shape!

IMG_4541.jpg
IMG_4542.jpg

Final stretch!

IMG_4543.jpg

These are sitting in the notorious divot on my couch. Neither are bent.

IMG_4544.jpg

Hello there, Clix 500!

IMG_4545.jpg
IMG_4546.jpg
IMG_4547.jpg

Hello there, Schick 66!

IMG_4548.jpg
IMG_4549.jpg

The Fully Monty for today.

IMG_4550.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I got my frankenrazor Gillette NEW short comb today. It has the tech Bakelite handle, brass and copper up top. Got it because of the reviews here and wanted to test it against my prewar tech. Just looking at it, it looks like it's very aggressive. Will test it out tomorrow. It's hard to tell on the very end comb, they all look like they kind of bend inwards, is that normal?
IMG_20191003_172530.jpg
IMG_20191003_172527.jpg
IMG_20191003_172516.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I got my frankenrazor Gillette NEW short comb today. It has the tech Bakelite handle, brass and copper up top. Got it because of the reviews here and wanted to test it against my prewar tech. Just looking at it, it looks like it's very aggressive. Will test it out tomorrow. It's hard to tell on the very end comb, they all look like they kind of bend inwards, is that normal? View attachment 1022580View attachment 1022581View attachment 1022582
Yes the ends are bent a little, that is pretty normal from laying the razor down to hard. They straighten out pretty easily, but shouldn't really affect the shave much. You will find the NSC is a little more aggressive than a prewar tech, but it will top the prewar in efficiency.

The first time I put a blade in my NSC I too thought it looked very aggressive. Not to worry, it is really on the mild side for an open comb, and a pleasure to use.

prof

Yes the ends are bent a little, that is pretty normal from laying the razor down to hard. They straighten out pretty easily, but shouldn't really affect the shave much. You will find the NSC is a little more aggressive than a prewar tech, but it will top the prewar in efficiency.

The first time I put a blade in my NSC I too thought it looked very aggressive. Not to worry, it is really on the mild side for an open comb, and a pleasure to use.

prof
Thank you for that. If it's not going to affect the shave I won't worry about it much. I think the prewar is pretty efficient shaving daily so this should be interesting!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thank you for that. If it's not going to affect the shave I won't worry about it much. I think the prewar is pretty efficient shaving daily so this should be interesting!
The prewar tech probably clamps the blade more firmly than any other tech, which makes it ideal for shaving ATG. The NSC clamps the blade even more firmly.
Here is an interesting note about the NSC, the cap from your prewar tech will fit the NSC. All tech caps fit NSC's.....

Mail call! This one is from across the pond.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Almost there...

proxy.php

Hello there, RFB!

proxy.php

That poor handle has seen some things.

proxy.php

Head is in great shape!

proxy.php

From the wild today!

proxy.php

It’s not what it looks like.

proxy.php

Hello there 1956 Red Tip (B4) and Rubberset brush!

proxy.php

proxy.php

This box has a Mad Men vibe to me. Considering loading this up with the Fatboys, Slim, Blue Tips, Red Tips.

proxy.php

The Full Monty for today.

proxy.php

Thanks for stopping by!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Belated mail call!
I got these gems last week and forgot to post them, so here they are. A nice user grade 1955 Gillette Red Tip Super Speed, and it is my birth quarter A4!
I got the Schone to replace one that had a broken post.

20191003_181251[1].jpg

I love the Stahly live blade head. One of my favorite DE heads. Fantastic shaver!

Big fan of the RFB, as well. Good scores.

So Todd, how many razors do you have now? Gotta be a bunch.

Top Bottom