What's new

What Are You Reading?

Just now I am reading "The Growth of the Soil" by Knut Hamsun. He got the Nobel prize for this book, and it is one of the best books I have read if not the best.

Also reading Daniel Goldhagens "Hitlers willing Executioners". A nightmare read about how everyday Germans got into Police battalions etc. and became mass murderes.

Right now I am reading the original Foundation Trilogy of books by Issac Asimov. Currently on the second one, Foundation and Empire and loving every bit of it. Only wish I had more time to read that instead of my school books at the moment.

Just now I am reading "The Growth of the Soil" by Knut Hamsun. He got the Nobel prize for this book, and it is one of the best books I have read if not the best.

One of my favorite books, too. It's what I read when I'm feeling out of equilibrium and the world doesn't make sense. Something about the honest simplicity of that book just refreshes me. The movie / documentary Alone in the Wilderness about Dick Proenneke serves a similar purpose. Great book!

Right now I'm reading something a little less refreshing, IRS Publication 17. Good times! :)

Edit: Oh, and my recreational reading is Alan Flusser's Dressing the Man, in an effort to recover from twenty some years of willful slovenliness.

Last edited:
104 pages...??? Holy poo....

I just finished "Hitler's Last Soldier in America" by Georg Gaertner...

This guy was the last escaped German POW in the US (he surrendered in 1985...!!)

His story is truly amazing... He was somewhat of a celebrity,, playing tennis and skiing with the likes of Robert Stack,, Herb Caen (who wrote an article about Gaertner's escape in the San Francisco Chronicle,,,,, and had no clue that the guy that won the tennis doubles tournament with him shortly thereafter was the escaped POW in his article),, Vic Seixas,, Bjorn Borg,, Lloyd Bridges,, and many others....

He turned himself in to Bryant Gumbel on the Today Show.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Gärtner

proxy.php

Djuna Barnes - Nightwood

Half way through Dan Browns Lost Symbol.......meh !

Next in line Matthew Reilly's new one - 5 Warriors....hate to say it but after his last book, expecting meh ! as well.

Right now I'm rereading Black, Red, and White, the Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker. It's a cool series, then I'm going to read the fourth installation, Green.

Top Bottom