What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

A friend just came back from Japan and gave me a bottle of Suntory Whisky. Very smooth!!!

1605994392435.png

ども ありがと
(Thank you)

Last evening began with an Eagle Rare OF as the rest of the crew went with espresso martinis. The evening finished with a tasting of three California wines: 2015 Flanagan Syrah, 2017 Eleven Eleven Cab, and 2015 Biale Old Kraft Vineyard Zin. The Syrah was my favorite. The wine aficionado brought several more bottles to sample later this holiday week.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I need to know how it was!!!!

Delicious by my tastebuds. Sweeter than I was expecting, but then again I’ve never had a vintage port. I didn’t follow the traditional drinking vintage port things to do. I didn’t decant it, or open it a couple hours before drinking. I did pour it in a mason jar, so maybe somewhat decanted. Then from there I poured it in my wine glass. I’m on the last glass right now.

Very sweet on the front end, a bit dry on the back end. I’m going to buy another bottle and sit on it for a decade or so.

Glad you enjoyed it! So after 9 years in the bottle, it’s still pretty much about the fruit and hasn’t developed the fig/raisin/nut character?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Glad you enjoyed it! So after 9 years in the bottle, it’s still pretty much about the fruit and hasn’t developed the fig/raisin/nut character?
I’m not the guy that tastes all those flavors. As hard as I try it just tastes sweet to me.

I got some blue cheese to eat with it and I thought blue cheese was freaking disgusting. Threw that out straight away. I got some figs as well, and although they tasted OK, I didn’t like the grittiness of the seeds.

Top Bottom