What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

D3434132-28C4-44D8-BBFC-5C74A7FCA1FC.jpeg
Kind of an acquired taste. We are enjoying this cheese this holiday week.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I made pizza, a nice cheese pizza, and enjoyed a glass of Castle Rock Willamette Pinot Noir while I made it. It was the end of the bottle, and I poured the last glass to enjoy with my pizza. While I was pulling the pizza from the oven my son cruised by and slugged it down. Bummer. BTW my glass was quite good.

I made pizza, a nice cheese pizza, and enjoyed a glass of Castle Rock Willamette Pinot Noir while I made it. It was the end of the bottle, and I poured the last glass to enjoy with my pizza. While I was pulling the pizza from the oven my son cruised by and slugged it down. Bummer. BTW my glass was quite good.
Smart boy :cool:
Finishing up an old fashioned here, with Elijah Craig small batch

Last evening began with an Eagle Rare OF as the rest of the crew went with espresso martinis. The evening finished with a tasting of three California wines: 2015 Flanagan Syrah, 2017 Eleven Eleven Cab, and 2015 Biale Old Kraft Vineyard Zin. The Syrah was my favorite. The wine aficionado brought several more bottles to sample later this holiday week.

I don't know what it is, but the only wine I ever really enjoyed was a Syrah. Perhaps I need to explore a bit more....

I don't know what it is, but the only wine I ever really enjoyed was a Syrah. Perhaps I need to explore a bit more....
The guy who shared his wines is a guide at a Napa winery. He is happy to share his knowledge and the wines he accumulates. I would drink very little wine, probably Port exclusively, if we didn't see him a couple times a year. He, on the other hand, drinks very little brown or beer. We're probably both missing out on some good stuff.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Cheaped out and bought Bombay white instead of Tanq. Good but not great. My tastes have changed over the years. I used to think of Bombay white as quite juniper heavy. Now I taste more sweetness. Anyway, pretty good martinis. Anyone here have recommendations on more juniper heavy gins?

Top Bottom