What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

@luvmysuper

Gutfeel would say Lagavulin 16 but I don’t know the state of the current bottlings, prices have gone up considerably though.

I’m sitting on my first bottle of Uigeadail myself but this is something for fall/winter.

Other than that I can recommend a vatted/blended Malt from 4 Islay distilleries —> Big Peat.
Please overlook the cheesy artwork, Douglas Laing knows what he’s doing. This is good stuff without any colorants, no overly old but tasty.

CC226BEC-E03B-4F68-B9AD-D0646AF7E7AF.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Help me out here...
I love Ardbeg Uigeadail and also Caol Ila.
It's Caol Ila tonight. What else would you recommend based on a love of these two, cost notwithstanding.

I agree with those suggestions from @Whiterook. Anything from Ardbeg ought to be on your short list to try. I'll add that Bunnahabhain, Bruichladdich, and Bowmore also might be worth a try, but they aren't nearly as smoky as what's been mentioned. If you want something else along those lines, check out Port Charlotte (once was under the Bruichladdich umbrella but spun off as its own brand a little while back).

Oh, yeah. I also tried a whisky called "Smokehead" at the last Houston Whiskey Social. The name led me to believe that it was little more than novelty, but I actually quite liked it.

Yesterday afternoon I was at 2 liquor stores in Brooklyn participating in barrel picks of Elijah Craig (the standard 94pf). Sip and spit, repeat. Pretty good but not great. Helped pick 1 barrel for each store.

Came home and had a nice pour of Hughes Belle of Bedford rye, a private barrel pick of the NJ BBC, which is a 95/5 MGP rye at 111.58pf. Oh, it was so good.
EE687AD4-0A66-4AC2-B386-0015A212D5EC_1_201_a.jpeg

Top Bottom