What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Toasting in the New Year with some Lagavulin 16.
proxy.php

Last edited:
7C33AB3C-74CC-433F-AFF0-96DB80988700.jpeg
This is difficult to find in NC, so I’m thankful to have scored a bottle. It does have a similar flavor profile to Woodford Double Oaked. I think this is a little more oak forward and has a bit more depth of flavors. This first dram is very enjoyable, but I don’t think it will knock the 1920 off the top spot of the series

Mark Ryan Wild Eyed Mary Syrah 2008!
Dangit there you go again with your cool WA wines... I always find myself looking up the wines I see you posting :001_cool:
Kindof a random question, but since you've obviously been buying/drinking local wines for quite a while, do you feel any more of less inclined to do so with the way the wine industry has exploded? I'm pretty close to the Santa Ynez region and we visit there and Paso Robles as much as possible, but I'm just less and less inclined to buy the wines with how expensive they're getting. Much better values from WA, OR and some of the Euro regions.

Dangit there you go again with your cool WA wines... I always find myself looking up the wines I see you posting :001_cool:
Kindof a random question, but since you've obviously been buying/drinking local wines for quite a while, do you feel any more of less inclined to do so with the way the wine industry has exploded? I'm pretty close to the Santa Ynez region and we visit there and Paso Robles as much as possible, but I'm just less and less inclined to buy the wines with how expensive they're getting. Much better values from WA, OR and some of the Euro regions.

You are kind!!

We have been following Washington wines for a long time and know many winemakers here. So I get to drink some great wines that we have been ‘storing’ in the cellar. (I hate to say the word ‘collecting.’)

I also agree with your assessment of the wine value proposition. For example, Wine Spectator publishes an annual summary of all wines evaluated in blind tastings. California makes a lot of great wines. Unfortunately, the average price of a 90+ point California wine is more (often substantially more) than the average price of comparable quality wines from places like France! I am fortunate to live in an area with arguably the best price: performance proposition in the US.

We have become much more selective in what we put down in recent years as the cellar is (more than) full!

Top Bottom