What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

No idea what was being served on tap, but its light brown and tastes like lighter fluid & Buckleys cough syrup

DE072F2E-4DDA-4011-AA62-E0A6C8566DF8-372-0000005803EFED1B.PNG

Tonight I will be sampling and reviewing LOT 40 Cask Strength, an 11 YO 100% Rye from the J.P. Wiser's Northern Border Collection of 2018, bottled at 58% abv.

***sigh****
Day 5 of 10 days of antibiotics . . . so tonight I had some lime juice, lemon/lime soda seltzer and ice. It's a nice refreshing mocktail.

C86C613E-5A95-45F8-A50C-6967D34E7031.jpeg
Rum Fashioned
-sugar cube turned brown with Angostura bitters and muddled in a splash of water with orange peel
-2 oz Wicked Dolphin Maple Barrel aged rum poured over rocks and a cherry in a 5 oz glass with an orange rubbed rim

Last edited:
How do I get to be one of your dear friends??
Hope they were everything you wanted them to be

Both bottles were bought on am auction few years ago. Both wines were surprisingly alive, full of fruit. Most tannins have mellowed out. Prieure Lichine had a lot of bright acidity. Chateau Figeac had a lot of dark fruit, plums, leather.

Both bottles were bought on am auction few years ago. Both wines were surprisingly alive, full of fruit. Most tannins have mellowed out. Prieure Lichine had a lot of bright acidity. Chateau Figeac had a lot of dark fruit, plums, leather.
Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed them. There’s always something special about a nicely aged Bordeaux

Top Bottom