What's new

What are the odds?

The other day, I was tightening the silo doors down on my L2(birth year and quarter) Flare tip SuperSpeed and one of the side caps popped off. One of the brackets that holds it to the head of the razor had broken. I was bummed since I had sold all of my other flare tips. Well, today I was doing a sweep through a local antique mall that had previously yielded only two other razors in the couple of years that I had been going there, and what do I spy sitting alone on a box on a shelf, but a Flare tip SuperSpeed. Through the muck and the soap scum, I could make out that it was none other than an L2. $6.50 later and it was mine.

I also scored a boxed 50ml bottle of Penhaligon's English Fern Eau De Toilette spray for $9.50.

Wow that's great news. I can't imagine how bummed you must have felt when that little bit of history pinged off in your hand! So far all my collection predate me by some time. I still think from time to time I need something Jan 71 in my collection. Any ideas fellas? :thumbup1:

The other day, I was tightening the silo doors down on my L2(birth year and quarter) Flare tip SuperSpeed and one of the side caps popped off. One of the brackets that holds it to the head of the razor had broken. I was bummed since I had sold all of my other flare tips. Well, today I was doing a sweep through a local antique mall that had previously yielded only two other razors in the couple of years that I had been going there, and what do I spy sitting alone on a box on a shelf, but a Flare tip SuperSpeed. Through the muck and the soap scum, I could make out that it was none other than an L2. $6.50 later and it was mine.

I also scored a boxed 50ml bottle of Penhaligon's English Fern Eau De Toilette spray for $9.50.

Excellent stroke of good luck! I'm not sure that even Vegas book makers could figure those odds!:thumbup1:

DL

Top Bottom