What's new

@#$%^&@#! Whacked my razor on the sink!

Does that mean you used the whipped dog site? If so how happy were you with the razor? I am interested in getting started but I dont want to shell out to start. So I'm trying to compile data on what to get. I see there are some different types of straight razors and I'm not sure what the differences are.

But anyways I want to know if the stuff on that site are good or if they feel bad/wrong in your hand.

Please help if you can.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
All a beginner really needs is a razor that has been honed to shave ready. It doesn't matter how nice it is, or how little hone wear there is, or if its full hollow, half hollow, or if it was made before the Carter Administration or way before.

When you have a minimal out lay of cash invested in your first straight, you have much more freedom to drop the razor on the floor, ding it on the faucet, dull it on the strop, etc. A 300.00 TI will likely get dull, and you will be to scared to send it out to a virtual stranger to hone it up for you.

Many of us started on a Whippeddog package, its a good deal IMO>

If you want a new one, you are somewhat limited to Dovo, TI, Boker, Hart, Wacker, one or two more I forget at the moment, and Gold Dollars.

No wrong way to do it tho, this is just based on my experiences.

Welcome to B&B!!

Does that mean you used the whipped dog site? If so how happy were you with the razor? I am interested in getting started but I dont want to shell out to start. So I'm trying to compile data on what to get. I see there are some different types of straight razors and I'm not sure what the differences are.

But anyways I want to know if the stuff on that site are good or if they feel bad/wrong in your hand.

Please help if you can.

I agree with Kent. I looked at a Boker Edelweis, but at $120+, it doesn't make sense for me to start with that one. The "Sight Unseen" is a better choice for me. I bought a Red Imp, because I just like it, and I had planned to just put it away for maybe 6 months or a year while I practice with my Sight Unseen. I might still do that, as this one isn't pulling or anything right now.

Stop whacking it on the edge of the sink, gently rub it with a soft cloth....that should solve the problem. :lol::lol:We are talking about the razor, right!

I rinse under the faucet,I never whack the sink or the faucet,or my ear or nose.Just be aware of where the blade is always.
I never shake the razor,that gives me the willies just thinking about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom