What's new

Week of Injectors!

Hey, I just got a new toy! I want to find a F1 injector in metal. I saw this metal one on the bay and got it. I think it dates from the 1970's...

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
M1 Schick Dial Injector today, Cella whipped up with a Shavemac D01. As always with the Schick adjustable for me, BBS and no drama.

3rd day of The Week of Injectors:

-Proraso Pre/Post (used as pre-shave)
-Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic w/ Rite Aid Blade
-VDH Deluxe
-Penworks 22mm Finest Badger
-Witch Hazel
-Aqua Velva Ice Blue

This day was a disaster. lol. :tongue_sm

I think I am making Wendesdays VDH day. :thumbup1:

VDH whipped up a great lather, and I did my first pass with the injector. It felt a little rough, so I finished the pass, and decided to install a new blade.

I thought I would use a vintage Pal blade, which are in a 100% plastic injector case (even the key is plastic). I broke the key off the bank while trying to install the blade.

ARGH!!

Tried with my Rite Aid Personna Injector cartridge, blade still wouldn't go in.

I decided to finish off the shave with my Feather Portable.

Anyway, clearly my Hydro-Magic is a little difficult to load. There are prongs that stick down into the blade to prevent it from falling out when the mechanism is open for cleaning. I had to fiddle around with the lever, having it just slightly open to successfully load the blade.

Since I know have a new blade loaded, tomorrow will be back to normal.

Last edited:
Glad it worked Doug, always glad to help out someone from the old Southwest Conference

Thanks for the help, but don't be fooled by my location: I'm originally from Spokane, WA and went to Gonzaga U., so I'm more of a West Coast Conference guy at heart. :thumbup:

Day two of injector week went much better for me than the first shave. Here's today's gear list, which is the same as yesterday's except for the blade and will be the same the rest of the week:
  • Personna injector
  • CVS blade
  • Bigelow (Proraso) cream
  • Well-broken in generic boar brush
  • Witch hazel for post-shave
The fresh blade made a huge difference; I was able to get a pretty decent shave overall in three passes with deadly smoothness on parts of my face. I think my shave was uneven more because of poor technique on my part than any problem with the razor or blade. It's hard to resist the temptation to swipe away with long strokes like you can use with a cartridge razor, which meant I wasn't always using the optimal blade angle and probably used more pressure in spots than I really should have. I wound up with very slight irritation that cooled off as soon as I splashed it with some witch hazel. Shorter strokes and paying closer attention to blade angle should take care of that.

I'm beginning to understand why people like these razors so much...

Last edited:
Just found this thread. Shaved with my I-model schick injector on saturday, and monday, and will do again for today and the rest of the week. I found that the injector really mows down the stubble and leaves my face smooth. Even with with two days worth of growth I only had to do a single pass with a little touch-up on my neck, and I only had a couple of weepers after using it the first time on saturday. You really need to go with light pressure with this razor or it will bite you. In a way it really reminded me of an early cartridge razor.

Clayton

Day three

Schick "type I2" Hydro-Magic Injector / Ted Pella Injector blades / Kent BK4 / Proraso Pre/Post / Proraso shaving cream / Publix WH / Proraso after shave

Hey, I just got a new toy! I want to find a F1 injector in metal. I saw this metal one on the bay and got it. I think it dates from the 1970's...

Sir, you are now the proud owner of a Schick Paul Revere injector!

A great razor that's a little on the milder side compared to the Schick Type G injectors.

I also have one and travel with it, blade loaded. Never a problem going through airport security with a loaded injector.

Schick I2 hydro-magic
NOS Chromium Blade (3? 4?)
Proraso Green
Ever Ready Boar
Spanish Floid "Suave" mixed with a dab of 4 4 4

Very nice, but not as fine as yesterday. I may have to shake things up a bit tomorrow.

Day 3:
Schick G-Type Injector, Chinese Schick blade (3rd shave).
Cyril Salter Sandalwood cream.
Ever Ready brush handle with Silvertip knot from Golden Nib.
Thayers Medicated Superhazel.
The Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief.

2 passes, short strokes, very close BBS shave, and because of the SH and RR no irritation at all. If I could only get the same blade angles with a str8 I'd be in heaven.

Howdy Mates!:001_smile

Don't want to be too off topic, but heck, I thought I might as well ask the hardcore fans gathering here for the week, huh?:thumbup1:

So, thanks to you and your bloody reviews, as well as SOTD Pics, I finally decided to score an Injector through the B/S/T.:glare:

Now that it's "en route" , I'm starting to wonder about blade availability...
These Injectors must have been scarce here in Europe, if there ever was any (really no idea) and I DO NOT manage to find any good blade source at all.
See, that would be a shame to get ripped off on shipping charges for such mild-reputed shavers, right?:huh: Well I checked drugstore.com for these Chinese Schick you're all referring to (seems like a good starter's choice if I read correctly...) and they wanna make me pay 50$ for shipping:lol::lol::lol: Ludicrous!:angry:
Same goes with Ted Pella and I did not even figure out how to order from EMS...:tongue_sm I'm growing slowly desperate since I don't have any CVS or Rite Aid here either.:thumbdown

Anyway someone could help me trying my Schick Dial ASAP? It should arrive quite shortly by now... Thoughts?

Many thanks for helping, and looking forward to join the "i-Crowd":laugh::thumbup:!!
C_J

Sorry no pic tonight, is I would have trouble focusing through the viewfinder. My eyes are still watering from the icy cold blast of the osage rub! Winter frost city. Here was this evenings setup:

Proraso Pre/Post
VDH Deluxe
Omega Boar
Blue Handle G66
Schick Injector (chinese)
Osage Rub
Nivea Cooling
Tiny splash of Aqua Velva

I don't know what it is about that G66, but it is uber-aggressive. I think it is the mottled metal gives less glide or something. If you put too much pressure, she can be a cruel mistress. Use just the right touch though, and she will reward you with a face that is facesturbatable for like 18 hours.

Cool thread!

Without doing it on purpose, I just noticed I shaved with my Type G Injector five times since the 7th. Great shaves.

The Schick brand blades work much better for me than the generic ones I got at CVS. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Howdy Mates!:001_smile

Anyway someone could help me trying my Schick Dial ASAP? It should arrive quite shortly by now... Thoughts?

Many thanks for helping, and looking forward to join the "i-Crowd":laugh::thumbup:!!
C_J

I have some 1200 vintage PAL injector blades lying around, and as Xmas is coming, I would say pm me your address...

proxy.php

I picked up Rite Aid blades for the new G1 (thanks for the PIF, Lucky!) - and gave one a try. The shave was decidedly less comfortable than my previous two where I used a vintage Schick/Krona blade. Good shave, but I had to work for it.

I guess there is a real difference in these SE blades - as with DE's and blades for GEMs. So... Rite Aid = bad?

Should I stick with and seek out "vintage" injector blades?

Guidance, please - o experienced injectees.

4rd day of The Week of Injectors:

-Proraso Pre/Post (used as pre-shave)
-Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic w/ New Rite Aid Blade
-European Palmolive SC
-Penworks 22mm Finest Badger
-Witch Hazel
-Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Very nice shave today, a brand new blades makes a difference. Only one cut to my upper lip. :tongue_sm

Well, since yesterday's injector shave held up until about 8:00 PM, I decided to keep going with injector week. This morning's shave was the third of injector week for me, same setup as yesterday:
  • Personna injector
  • CVS blade
  • Bigelow cream
  • Well-broken in boar brush
  • Witch hazel for post-shave
Another deadly smooth shave from the Personna/CVS combo: four passes to get there, with just two tiny nicks that closed during my final cold water rinse. I'm still getting used to the razor, so we'll see what happens with the next couple of shaves.

I like this razor more every shave and I'm definitely getting better with it. I'd like to reduce the number of passes needed to get to DFS/BBS territory, but that may just be the nature of this razor.

EDIT: I just went to the restroom and happened to notice that my face looks a little blotchy and irritated, which it didn't right after my shave. I suspect that I may be getting too close of a shave, so I'll have to back off on the number of passes tomorrow or switch razors until the irritation resolves.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thursday selected the M-2 Adjustable, still on the same blade (EMS clone from Meijers Shifty Acres). Tabac stirred up with a Rooney 1/1. 4 passes & 1/2 for touch ups result in yet another great (too easy ?) Injector shave. No sting from the alum says it was a good one also. Finished off with some Florida Water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom