What's new

Weber/Ikon Bulldog Handle + R89/DE89 Head?

i have been using my UFO U2V1 handle on it and using one shim and i have been having some of the best shaves, ever!

Attachments

• $ed89.JPG
    $ed89.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 350
$IMAG0085.jpg

Here's a Weber Bulldog on my R41. I put the handle on just about every three piece razor I have - Old Type, New, Cadet. Haven't tried it on the DE89 yet though. I'll have to give that a try.

Weber Bulldog all the way, Mine Shaves alot more efficent after i Paired the Weber Bulldog and DE 89

Also i dont understand how some say the ikon looks more polished and weber feels more Ruff? They both look like there well polished and Knurling on the Weber look's deeper and more Gripable. Again Weber all the way and its $20.00. Cheaper and made in USA :thumbup:

so....after buying a dozen razors and trying them all out, i have finally gotten something i like....
meet my favorite DE shaver.....the EJDE89 head and Ikon Bulldog II handle....perfect mating.
i already started selling off the dozen other razors purchased and have a couple of gillettes that will be sold shortly.

I didn't see anything in the rules regarding bumping old threads so please let me know if I'm breaking a rule.

I've been using the Merkur 180 for about a month and a half but after reading a great deal about DE shaving, I'm interested in trying a shorter handle with more weight. I'm looking at the iKon Bulldog and I'm thinking of pairing it with the Merkur 180 head until I can upgrade to the Muhle R89 head.

Would the Merkur 180 head still fit with the Bulldog handle? I'm also seeing people mentioning that the Weber handle is a great deal but it seems to be more expensive than the equivalent iKon handle. Also, are iKon products not made in the USA like Weber? Lastly, it doesn't seem like Edwin Jagger heads are sold separately, but these are the same exact ones used in the Muhle R89, right? Thank you.

Jagger and Muhle heads are the same. Weber and ikon bulldog handle are very similar. Ikon is made abroad, I think. Maggard sells a copycat version, imported. Much cheaper, less polished.

I use a Jagger 89 head with an Ikon bulldog handle. Love it!

For a while I used a DE89 head with a Weber Bulldog handle. I loved the weight of it and it gave great grip, even when your hands are wet and soapy.

Top Bottom